Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my STOCK Spec V to the track tonight got 7 runs in..will post slips later

due to wheel hop like a mother my times suck....running on contis :(

my best time was 15.394 @ 88.03 mph
my best 60' was 2.203
my best reaction time was .032

I got my best time after removing the snorkle from my stock intake.....

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
well done. 15.3 is good for stock.
get some MMI and you don't have to worry about the wheel hop anymore.
did you powershift or was it just granny shifting?

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
just curious, but who was in the other lane on that time slip? a 2.0 60 foot and 12.xx et's i'd guess it was a turbo import!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SpecVracer315 said:
just curious, but who was in the other lane on that time slip? a 2.0 60 foot and 12.xx et's i'd guess it was a turbo import!
hella fast mustang gt.....did you look at all 7 slips?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SpecVracer315 said:
well done. 15.3 is good for stock.
get some MMI and you don't have to worry about the wheel hop anymore.
did you powershift or was it just granny shifting?
since I'm a noob....explain how to power shift properly...cuz I don't want to break anything....I thought power shifting was shifting without the clutch?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
SPECSen said:
since I'm a noob....explain how to power shift properly...cuz I don't want to break anything....I thought power shifting was shifting without the clutch?
Wow... If you can shift without the clutch, why they even put clutch to the manual cars then. I guess because it looks better ;) . Lol

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
powershifting is when you don't take your foot of the gas when you shift. shifting at wide open throttle. i wouldn't suggest it unless your drag racings and trying to get some damn good times.
oh and you need to be a fast shifter (which it looks like you are) to do it, otherwise your boucing of the rev- limiter.

what was your tire psi?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Black04SpecV said:
Wow... If you can shift without the clutch, why they even put clutch to the manual cars then. I guess because it looks better ;) . Lol
This is true the clutch is all for looks and completely unnessacary....I never use mine! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
very nice times, that R/T is very impressive, there is clutchless shifting... where you shift with the revs, but I'd imagine it being very ****en hard and awful for your tranny... lower your tire psi and powershift... I still have to goto the track and try that out.... first I need to get rid of these contis :eek: 2/32 in the back and like 3 or 4/32 in the front, I get no traction

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
lmao!
powershifting is hard on the car, but our trannies are pretty strong, so it won't do too much damage (unless you have a 02 and 3rd gear problems....) and the entire point of powershifting is that your at WOT the entire time.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh ok....I don't let off all the way...but I do let off part of the way....

I shift pretty quick....I'll have to try the powershifting next time I go to the track

i had 50ish lbs in the back and 25 lbs in the front

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
quick question since i do alot of racing (but im not that fast).... from what ive heard powershifting is not as bad as ppl make it out to be and actually NOT powershifting but releasing the gas, slamming into next gear, mashing gas causing the clutch to grab hard while still spinning is MUCH worse than not letting go of the gas at all... is that true? i go to the track and DONT powershift

1 - 20 of 32 Posts