B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changin the flywheel out tomorrow along w/clutch assembly, has anyone changed their flywheel using the T50 when FSM calls for TP50... having one hell of a time finding TP50 but i have several T50 bits.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thats what i figured, nowhere in SA has that damn bit... and snap-on/matco/cornwell people are near to impossible to get ahold of. guess i have to order online.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
you're best bet is to order online. get a t50plus and t55 plus.

the new bolts from nissan are t55plus while the ones on your car are t50 plus. that's the problem I ran into when I changed the flywheel on my '02

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those bolts arent denoted as use once only... are they? i mean i hear you if you are sayin encase they need replacing..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for sure, my sis works @ the dealership anyways so i can get them at cost.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Cool. If you're installing an aluminum flywheel tq it down in steps

When I did mine I first tq'd the bolts to 25ft-lbs, then 55, then the final value specified in the fsm. When you do the last step apply the locktite.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright sounds good, have to delay my project til midweek now.. better done right though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for sure, ended up tracking down a matco guy that ended up living less than a mile from my house... 46 dollars later i have both tp50/55 bits. and got the new nuts for the flywheel, about to start takin stuff apart here in the next 30 min or so.. should have everything i will need *knock on wood*

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FSM on my laptop right next to me, a pretty good writeup too for any curveballs that might get thrown at me. As far as the torque proceedure for the flywheel im planning on doing that in a star pattern snugging it down in torque steps like babygtr suggested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did mine with the T50 its a bit loose and it can strip but i had no problem on any of my bolts. Just don't use a Airgun on it. I had a really hard time finding the TP50 as well.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
FSM on my laptop right next to me, a pretty good writeup too for any curveballs that might get thrown at me. As far as the torque proceedure for the flywheel im planning on doing that in a star pattern snugging it down in torque steps like babygtr suggested.
forgot to mention. after each step, fully loosen, then apply the torque.

for instance

torque to 25, then fully loosen, then tighten to 50, then fully loosen, then apply final torque

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why all the way loose? would seem counterproductive

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
ok gotcha

update-- transmission dropped out, savin the flywheel fun for tomorrow.

throwout bearing was definitely shot ^^

1 - 20 of 22 Posts