B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a few paint chips on my front and rear bumber (who doesnt) and most look like they are from rocks and such. So they are not just chips, they are spots where the paint was pushed back causing a lump right next to where the paint is now gone. My question is should I try to sand this area down and then use the touch up paint? Or is there some way to do this? It's gonna be awful hard to sand just that tiny spot flat. How did everyone else use touch up paint? I also have a long scratch (someone keyed my door) can I use the paint to fix this also?

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
reviving this cause I really want some input on this subject

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet thanks, I'll try to check it out tomorrow if that sites back up.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
wow can't even tell there's touch up paint, maybe its time to invest in a random orbital. I've got paint chips and scratches like a mofo, but mine are pretty big hopefully this method cleans them up a bit

·
Registered
174 Posts
ne1 tried this method yet?

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a couple nasty scarcthes I need to try sanding out, but being that I've never sanded a car before I'm very hesitant. I have 2000 grit paper and all the other goodies, but I can already see myself screwing up my clearcoat and such and havin to have like a whole side repainted...shrug..risky.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
anyone try this on a molten silver car yet? Seems like the molten touchpaint doesn't really match the car. Anyone else notice this? Also so you guys think a electric orbital will be enough to poilsh the clearcoat to match the touchup area?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts