B15 Sentra Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you realy want Info in TC's. Check out www.converter.com. It is not specific for our cars but their articles explain how stall is configured and what the different stall definitions are. I just traded my '93 5.0L Cougar for my new Sentra and I had a 2800 stalion from PI in it with a Baumann shift kit. For tranny mods, the shift kit is a good place to start, then you could go to a TC if need be.

Stay Cool

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Inferno of course

·
Registered
111 Posts
wow this is perfect. i also have a auto gxe but i want something to give it a more boost or just a faster acceleratioon. i dont ereally want it for drag use but mainly street races. i wanna keep up with the manuals. so what do i really need just for a little mmore accel and performance without losing any HP.

------------------
2k Sentra GXE, auto
-added spoiler and factory foglights

G

·
Ok sweet, I have a couple questions though, where can I get a shift kit gone at, what do the shifts feel like for daily drivnig and for racing, what warrenty will this void thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ok I reasearched for all of you

Ok I researched on this Torque converter thing for all of you and found out the price for a really good one, and the price for a shift-kit, etc. if you want to know the prices and the place to do it at, e-mail me only if you are serious, is is extremely expensive to do the work. Figure in about 2-3 grand if you want your tranny to handle 700hp which is what I need. The place can also make your tranny into shiftronic and what not. The torque converter or shift-kit alone run well over $500 bucks a piece. The reason why the shift-kit is expensive is cuz unlike american cars, our cars are more complex and you will need to take out your valve body and send it to the place so they can install the new kit and modify the valves, etc. Of course it would void your warranty, but unless your tranny breaks, there is no way they would know your tranny is modified, let me know what yall want to do, have at least $1k ready if you want anything... sorry if I am letting you down with this words, but it is the sad and horrible automatic truth. And still with the tranny at full potential, a 300hp sr20de will lose about 20hp to the wheels more than the 5spd counterparts, the stock tranny would lose 50hp or more to the wheels over the 5spds. But a 5spd shifter would have to be pretty much perfect to beat your auto even with their 20hp advatage. And with shiftronic system you can adjust how hard the torque converter should lock up and at what rpm to shift in what gear, you really would need to get your car dyno tuned for a an hour or two to get everything perfect, but once it is done you can throw as much boost or nitrous as you want.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts