how long would you guess it took to get from 120 to 130
give a range guess
for example... __seconds to __seconds

·
#SERs beat = to many.
1,582 Posts
Re: HAHAHA

specvguru said:
Learn how to drive! then you might get to 130 a little faster! I can't say what the top end is, but I got it up to 130 and still had room to play! stop crying and drive the @#&%ing thing.

smooth as silk @ 130
who is crying? i'm not i'm telling it how it is, i own the car... I know the real deal and i'm not affraid to tell the truth...Smooth as silk @ 130? yeah okay, the car has considerable bounce at 110+ it likes to sway at high speeds, it does handle phenominally compared to other stock cars, but at that speed this is no ferrari, you know you're moving that fast, you feel it... I know how to drive how bout you? I have nothing to prove to anyone, their is no need to speed on the roads, but hey the faster you go the bigger the mess right?

·
Registered
186 Posts
SO UMM,,,,,

what rpm did the car stop pulling?

·
Registered
17 Posts
my 5th topped out at a lil over 120, i shifted to 6th and pulled it to 135.

thats the fastest ive taken my car on its own, on a flat, and in no slipstreams.

in tha slip of a jetta i was goin 140, but i cant get past 135 on a flat w/o tha draft

so tha cars' speed seems drag limited.

my car is stock, and lets just say it likes to be pushed...ive got 7902 miles in it, so if yer out ther trying to hit 130 and cant, dont be discouraged....maybe yer car has yet to be broken in. My car is still goin thru MY break in process....at 11,000 im goin synthetic...MwoO hoO haHAahaAaaaaA...i'll tell yoo if i break tha 140 mark....but that'd prolly be after i get a 2.5 in downpipe/midpipe

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well, specvguru I would have to disagree on how esay it is to get to 130. I have 3000 miles on my Spec and it is pretty tough to get to 130. I hit 124 in 5th at 6200 rpm. then I shifted to 6th and got about 130. This car handles horribly at that speed, but its not about 130+ its about how fast can I make it through that corner over yonder. I have taken about 4 different cars past 125 and out of them this car is definetely the worst out of them all. However, after 12,000 miles my last car got much better, so i/m hoping that this one will do the same. As far as RPM in 6th, I have no idea, I will top it out again soon, but only when I feel comfortable. I myself get too harsh on my posts sometimes, but that is why i like to read all these posts, different views.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What have you read:
What have you heard:
What have you seen:

Me personally I have read 130 MPH
I have heard 135 MPH
I have seen 125 MPH

Some bozos' think this car can go 140 MPH. I just want the facts and the proof.

K-
My Madre got her 2005, 5 speed 1.8L up to 140mph. Idk maybe the homies on the east side of Indy that we bought it from did more than a major repair to keep it from blowing up but the car just seems to get angrier with age.
BTW I later found out she did bust a belt "out of the blue" on her front left tire around the time she decided to send it. So idk bro just break your needle on the speedometer and see what you get 🤣

101 - 108 of 108 Posts