B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to sit down and talk to my Dad about getting a Spec V. Being around them more often now and riding in them I'm starting to fall more in love with the Spec. So here is what I was thinking anyone know a good 03 Spec V to get.

GXE- Trade in on KBB is 5100.

Everything will be returned to stock other than the muffler. Will hide the a-pillar and will just sell the fire ext. with the car.

Here is my current situation. Dad is only one employed me and my mom are both in college, and I'm living in my own apartment by myself with a 5-8 hr job. I'm going to mention saving up one month payment on the Spec to pay him and would help with the payments if they are more than the GXE. May end up having to wait until the payments on this car are up which would be March of 06. This idea may be postponed by him, but most likely shot down by my mom. I am willing to show I will back this up by working my *** off in school and saving up for the payments. I was looking for a Molten Silver or Aztec Red Spec V 03 and around the 10K price range. Am trying to get a Spec UNTOUCHED by a modifier.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
check your credit report online.. that will give you an idea on where you stand. make sure you can afford the payments as well.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lawngn0mex said:
check your credit report online.. that will give you an idea on where you stand. make sure you can afford the payments as well.
My dad has excellent credit that would be no problem. I'm going to be calling around and talking with a bunch of people about the payments for a used Spec. There's only two Nissan dealerships I know about and one close to me may try and fck me over...the other one I know the guys pretty good. With good credit will I be able to to stretch lets say 6K over a period of 4 years?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chimmike said:
wait until september's NPM comes out :)
How will this help me out Mike? And by gawd where can I get one...not around here for damn sure.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh found my Spec 75 miles away now only if dad would let me get it

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
He's got a turbo QG. It would be cheaper to turbo your existing car. But you also have to consider the maintanence and upkeep of a turbo car.

If it were me, I would never turbo a QG or a QR.

P.S. Keep your car and buy one after you graduate. It'll be better for you. :)

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spec-v-guy said:
He's got a turbo QG. It would be cheaper to turbo your existing car. But you also have to consider the maintanence and upkeep of a turbo car.

In 5 years?????? Nah this is what I really want. Been looking at turbos and blah lol my Dad may help me get the Spec or may just say I can do the trade, and he'll finish the payments up to March 06 then I take over them.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
spec-v-guy said:

BTW- Never mentioned about turboing the Spec. Most likely would go NA plus spray....IF I get it.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I say keep the QG for a while....

Get the car when you can more than afford the payments on the spec, so you can enjoy it to a huge degree. QG's got it's merits.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lawngn0mex said:
I say keep the QG for a while....

Get the car when you can more than afford the payments on the spec, so you can enjoy it to a huge degree. QG's got it's merits.
May not even have to make any payments on it. Even if I throw in 100 bucks a month to my Dad to have it I will. Most likely if I do get it it'll be a few months anyways. I'm going to save up one or two month payments to show him I want the car. The GXE was NEVER my choice anyways...I took it because it was handed down to me and it was better than my Ford Bronco II. If he lets me trade it and move up to the Spec I will. I would've chosen the Spec V if I had a graduation car choice.

·
Hater
907 Posts
SilverSleeper86 said:
IGXE- Trade in on KBB is 5100.

Everything will be returned to stock other than the muffler. Will hide the a-pillar and will just sell the fire ext. with the car.
You gonna fix/replace that area you just painted that gawdawful silver, I hope. Anyway...five grand you expect to get...in this economy? lol. Grab your ankles... :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
SilverSleeper86 said:
I am about to sit down and talk to my Dad about getting a Spec V.
Damn, two days ago you said you were happy with the QG ;)

I say do what you want, I can tell you have racing in your blood and you might be happier with a Spec. Your in a good position on a trade in considering that you didnt pay for the whole GXE i.e. you wont be out much. You should go with silver, then you can still be SilverSleeper and besides, that guy in D-ville already has the red spec, how will I tell whos who when ou beat him at the track :confused:

That being said, do you wanna sell your fstb? :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you still owe money on the GXE, the dealership will probably offer to take over payments for you, but then you will have to pay for the price of the Spec-V at around its list price. Don't get screwed on the finance charges and other hidden fees. Plus if you don't have to pay for the GXE right now that's a nice advantage. So I say, work and save up your money and wait until March 2006 when you actually own the GXE and then u can really trade it in for some money off a Spec and use the money you saved up to knock down the price of the Spec some more. But as mentioned before, it is doubtful you will get $5,000 for it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
C*z said:
You gonna fix/replace that area you just painted that gawdawful silver, I hope. Anyway...five grand you expect to get...in this economy? lol. Grab your ankles... :D

GO AT THE END OF THE MONTH....THEY WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO GET THAT LAST SALE OF THE MONTH....I got 2600 for my 94 ranger with 185000 miles and a screwed up transmission!!! KBB was like 2kish

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MeHCHiNEE said:
If you still owe money on the GXE, the dealership will probably offer to take over payments for you, but then you will have to pay for the price of the Spec-V at around its list price. Don't get screwed on the finance charges and other hidden fees. Plus if you don't have to pay for the GXE right now that's a nice advantage. So I say, work and save up your money and wait until March 2006 when you actually own the GXE and then u can really trade it in for some money off a Spec and use the money you saved up to knock down the price of the Spec some more. But as mentioned before, it is doubtful you will get $5,000 for it.
This will MOST likely be the answer knowing my Dad. I feel sorry for him since he's the only one working. March 06 is a long way off, but good god he's paying for the Sentra, and the Tracker, the house, the apartment I mean hell. If he lets me do that when the car is fully MINE, lol not theirs I will do this and hope I don't get fcked in the long run. Someone sold this old guy a spec and said they was 205hp :mad: I just hate salesmen like that.

Here's the list that I may sell if I do end up able to get the Spec.
ES MMI- ALready called so they are on hold damn lol
FSTB- Pending Dustin if I do sell it I'll let you know
Silver parts- IF they bytch about this and knock off a lot of money on the trade in I'll sell the painted parts for unpainted parts and be like HA give me back that money.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SPECSen said:
GO AT THE END OF THE MONTH....THEY WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO GET THAT LAST SALE OF THE MONTH....I got 2600 for my 94 ranger with 185000 miles and a screwed up transmission!!! KBB was like 2kish
It is at the end of the month, but I can't just go to a place and pick up the Spec. I want the Molten Silver Spec, but no dealership owns it. So I would have to go through a bank. :(

Well I have to go make a few errands open my new account with Compass...I have to do this only bank close to me up here at college. And I'm going to go get a few quotes from dealerships. See if they try and lie to me. :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts