B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my alignment this week and i'm curious as to who is running toe out and how you like it? I know that toe out will give you adverse tire wear but that is not a concern of mine......i would like to know how much toe out you are running and how it works for you at the track......i have 2.25 degrees of negative camber up front and was thinking toe out would considerably help my car.....i have an HPDE event this weekend at Pocono and I would like to have my toe setup for the event....thanx in advance

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
351 Posts
On my brother's SE-R cup car, we are running 2.5 negative camber and 1/8 total toe out. On My SpecV I am running 1.5 camber and 1/16 total toe-out.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your quick reply......how is it running 1/16th? is it noticeable? do you think such a small amount of toe out made that much of a difference? i was going to run 1/8th total toe out...

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you street your car, 1/8th toe is too much and it will foobar your tires. 1/16th is just enough to make the car turn in better without too much ware on the tires. Also I forgot to mention that on both cars we had the rear beam bent to get ZERO toe.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see i don't have my rear beam bent yet.....i need to get that done still......i also don't have any adverse tire wear what so ever from my negative camber.....thank you for your responses and opinion....i will definitely take that into consideration

does anybody else have any opinions that differ from this one? or is this the general concensus?

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Jude, how's it going?

Anyway, I have 1/16 out on my car too. 99% street and 1 autocross a month. Works pretty good. I tried as much as 1/4 out and it didn't make a huge difference in times, just made the front feel darty. Other people have similar experience. I ignored them and tried it myself only to go with what they suggested in the first place. IIRC 1/4 turn on each outer end = 1/16 toe, but it's been a very long time since I messed with it.

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx for the info......based on both of your experiences i'm going to go with 1/16th total toe since i do drive the car on the street as well as the track...........thanx again guys

Late,
Daniel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts