B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok It's about 48 degree's out right now and sunny as all hell so I am going to take my stock rims off and paint all my calipers and rotors today,,,,,and then I'm gonna let it dry nicely overnight in the garage and then I'm busting the Konig's back out and they are going on tommorrow morning :)

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

·
Registered
259 Posts
hey SS,

a few little tips from experience (don't ask :D)

1.if you're using the legend 5 kit, i believe it suggests 65* F to really cure. It also recommends 6 hrs drying time.

2. Remove the calipers from the hub. there are only 2 mounting bolts (14mm i believe) and it's a snap to remove. Then take a wire coat hanger and cut it (or something similar) and loop it thru the spring and the mounting hole of the caliper and let it hang. it nmakes it alot easier to paint and get to than leaving it attached. plus there is less risk getting any unwanted paint on the rotors.

just some suggestions...good luck with your project.

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tips are always appreciated and I'm doing it in a heated garage,,,HEHEHE even the floors are heated :) but I was planning on taking it off the rotor......thanks for the tips bro... ;)

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK they are done I took apart the whole caliper and painted them and I also painted the rotors as well.....

I went thru it and sandblasted the whole caliper,,,,then sprayed them and now everything is sitting in the garage apart drying overnight,,,so tommorrow i'll put it all back together and slap my rims on.....I'll take pictures and post them.....

------------------

MODS:
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
149 Posts
I did mine on the car with VHT caliper paint. It only costs about $5-6 bucks per can and lasts a long time. If you take a little time to tape up and use some newspaper, it isn't hard to paint them on the car and not paint the rotors or anything else unwanted.

------------------
'97 VW Golf Trek - modded
'00 Sentra SE - PP, PIAAs, Tint

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it's not that hard to paint them on the car,,,but I wanted to take them off so I can sandblast them down so I can get a nice finish and none of the fisheye's.....I'd rather take the long route and get the job done right the first time.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
446 Posts
which bolts do you have to take off in order to get them off completely? what about painting the middle part? just tape and paint?

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iLLt3cK:
which bolts do you have to take off in order to get them off completely? what about painting the middle part? just tape and paint?

-iLL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dude I just took apart every damn bolt there was,,,took out the brake pads,,,clips whatever,,,everything came out...HEHEHE :D
But I left the main part or the caliper on so I wouldn't have to bleed them later on....

I took a steel coathanger and held the caliper up and put a cardboard box around the caliper that was still attached to the car and sandblasted it,,,and then I painted it.....

But the caliper will ahve 2 main parts and then the pads....but it a good idea to lay the pads and clamps out like you took them off so you can make sure you're putting it back together the right way.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

1 - 8 of 8 Posts