B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of tinting the glass, but i think i will take my car to some shop to put those tint things on coz I would like to have a nice work done. (I think i will have all those bubbles if i do it myself...)

my question, about how much will it cost me? any idea?

thx

------------------
Please help me. I am a rook.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I paid $180 for all 4 doors and the back window. 35%

------------------
2001 Se PP
1998 Ford F-150 Lighting(For a Little While)
1998 Kawasaki 1100 STX
1998 Yahmaha GP 1200

·
Registered
2 Posts
I paid $180 for all 4 doors and the back window. 35%

------------------
2001 Se PP
1998 Ford F-150 Lighting(For a Little While)
1998 Kawasaki 1100 STX
1998 Yahmaha GP 1200

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
the price will vary depending where you are see I'm up North in the New England area and we pay right about the $200 range but I've heard some people pay alot less down south...

But I paid about $160 for my windows to be done at 35%

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Hehehehe :D i payed only 100 for all my tints, its 35% mirror tint.... Its cool :p

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Focuz Tanabe Racing Medallion Replica exhaust, HID Hyperwhite bulbs All Round With Fogs, Stillen Pop Cone, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, 3A Racing Pedals, Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims,
Vinyl Eye lids, JVC 10's w/ Kenwood Amp and 2 1/2" Dome Tweets...( Stillen front lip Spoiler on the way)

·
Registered
50 Posts
wow...$180-$200 yeah I guess we do pay a lot less in the south LOL...I've been quoted $100 and less...so it definitely depends on who does it and of course where you are...

guys I'm so excited!!!! I FINALLY got my spoiler! Yeah! OK I know most of you already had it on there but I've been waiting a long time (saving up $) for this so bear with me :D

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I paid $190 for the back window and rear doors @ 28%, and the front doors @ 38% using Llumar metacillized tint.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
347 Posts
I paid 160 for the thickest they had at 35% all around. Make sure you get the good stuff and not the thin stuff.

------------------
Sentra IRC server @ sentra.mine.nu port 6667

Car:
2001 Sentra Blackout GXE

Horepower mods:
Tinting +1hp chrome Wheel covers +5hp
Custom Front Plates +1hp
Still badged -7hp

www.virtualdesk.net
buy my software so i can buy more mods!!!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SentraGirl:

guys I'm so excited!!!! I FINALLY got my spoiler! Yeah! OK I know most of you already had it on there but I've been waiting a long time (saving up $) for this so bear with me :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey I'm happy to hear that Did you already mount it????

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sentra Styling...yep it's on there! :D and I'm happy! maybe one day soon I'll get a pic on here of it LOL...I'm not sure if I can get my car tinted soon after this though ($$)...we'll see :cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
i paid 260 dollars in MICHIGAN. 20% on all windows...lifetime guarantee.

------------------

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Wow, :eek: everyone is payin alot of money for tints!...You guys did your shopping around?.... Oh well...

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Focuz Tanabe Racing Medallion Replica exhaust, HID Hyperwhite bulbs All Round With Fogs, Stillen Pop Cone, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, 3A Racing Pedals, Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims,
Vinyl Eye lids, JVC 10's w/ Kenwood Amp and 2 1/2" Dome Tweets...( Stillen front lip Spoiler on the way)

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enemigo:
Wow, :eek: everyone is payin alot of money for tints!...You guys did your shopping around?.... Oh well...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, unlike the south, tinting shops aren't a dime a dozen up here, hence the price tends to higher.

The going rate was $150-$160, and I paid a $30 premium for the good tint.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
149 Posts
I paid $80 for 35% with a life time guarentee. Jus gotta shop around and get some friends to hook it up!

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2. Kaizo Speed Gear

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2K SE:
Well, unlike the south, tinting shops aren't a dime a dozen up here, hence the price tends to higher.

The going rate was $150-$160, and I paid a $30 premium for the good tint.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with this in my area there are about 3 places that do window tinting and that means they are gonna charge alot more....
But I'm completely happy with the job I got and it's also a lifetime guarantee and it was also 3M tint..... :)

------------------

MODS:
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
16 Posts
Prices on tint can vary alot state to state also, even from city to city. At my tint shop we charge about 100 for the back half and another 60 for the front doors. Ask around first, some tinters are better than others. The trade is really an art, so finding a good tinter is more important than finding the rock bottom price. By the way, no tint job is flawless, so dont expect absolute perfection.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've only heard of this but isn't there a way to frost the whole window, aka "dipping". Basically its tinting the window without using film. I don't know where to have this done, just curious if any of yall have heard of it or know how much its costs to have done?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Neil said:
I've only heard of this but isn't there a way to frost the whole window, aka "dipping". Basically its tinting the window without using film. I don't know where to have this done, just curious if any of yall have heard of it or know how much its costs to have done?
I'm sure the process will be alot more considering the removal of the windows and what not,,,,but then again you probably can't beat the quality of the job either....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts