B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get new tires. I am thinking about getting the Dunlop SP9000 (195-50-16)
They look nice and the price is right. Anybody have experience with these tire or any others they would recommend?
Thanks in advance!

------------------
2001 Se PP (auto) Sorry
No mods YET!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
dunlop is a good tire pretty much and if you can get them at a good price go for it....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
605 Posts
I like pirelli, yokohama, dunlop and toyotires. That seems good.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

G

·
The Dunlop SP9000 is an awesome tire. You might also consider the Toyo Proxes T1-S. SCC and just about everyone else that has ever used them just raves about how well they stick.

I think everyone here would probably recommend going to a 205/50 16 or 205/55 16 vs. the 195 section width.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It's Here!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
205-50-16 will fit with no rubbing on the factory rims? I will just get the 205's then!

------------------
2001 Se PP (auto) Sorry
No mods YET!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I've got 215/40/17's on my konig's and no rubbing

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
26 Posts
2000SE hit the nail on the head. The Tirerack web site is a great place to find info. The tire debate is another tough call, just like the oil. The Yoko A-520 did really well in the tests. I bought some new takeoff A-520(205/45-16) for $70 apiece. They are very good in the wet, have a stiff sidewall which helps response, and have alot of dry grip. I also really like the tread pattern. The down side is that they seem to be a little noisy. The treadwear is 160 so they may not last a long time.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Are are tires really that bad? I'm no tire expert or nothing. Never even really put that much thought into but do you really notice that much of a difference?

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs

·
Registered
560 Posts
Eehhhhh... When I have the funds, I will get a set of Michelin Pilots (SX-GT, nothing fancier). Meanwhile, I got Michelins on my bicycle.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Yeah tires make a HUGE difference. I drive with great confidence now(with my Potenza RE730s),especially in the rain! Another plus to the RE730s is that they have a treadwear rating of 300! Awesome tires. later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s

·
Registered
119 Posts
I worked for Discount Tire for three years so I consider myself pretty tire proficient. The right size for 16" wheels would be 205/50's. You'll be pretty hard pressed to find a 195/55/r16 unless you want those OEM Firestones again. My favorite tires are Yokohamas, Dunlops,and Michelin's. Don't buy really expensive performance tires with low treadwear unless you NEED the extra grip of a soft compound tire. Performance tires are loud, wear out quickly and give a stiffer ride. They sure do give performance though. For street driven cars that are looking for a better tire that doesn't have all the trade-offs of a performance tire, I recommend getting a performance touring tire. A V-rated tire with good wear, grip, and low-noise isn't hard to find. Yokohama's Avid line is a great tire that offers good performance without all the performance tire fuss.

------------------
rschauby
2001 Sentra SE w/PP
1998 SE-R

[This message has been edited by rschauby (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i too personally prefer Yoks... but thats money man...... about $100 a tire.... most likely more

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put Avid V4s on my bosses Maxima (215/55-16)They're directional and have a SWEET sidewall design. The price through Tire Rack beat everything in that size that I could get at the local tire places.

------------------
I'm not afraid of the redline, reaching it before I pull the lever. A Chevy owner found this out in a side-street race endeavor.At 6500 RPM my Jap 4-banger flew on by him. As the man shook his head he knew he'd ben bettered. He stuck his head out of the car and yelled "Man, that thing can REV FOREVER!"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts