B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn people, that topic got me all interested! What effect on different tire and wheel combos have on the speedometer? If say you do go with 17 inch rims and go with 45 series tires, doesn't that effect the speedometer? I was just wondering, and forgive me if this was addressed in a earlier topic. Thanks guys!

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

G

·
There are numerous sites that have tire size calculators. I am sure someone less lazy will post a link for you.
Off hand, I don't know how much off it will be. It won't be much...maybe a few percent.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
marv I have 215/40 17's on mine and i didn't notice a change in speed

for instance we have a cop car around here that sits in the school areas that have this sign that posts your actual speed and mine was right on the money.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here's how the sizes affect the speedo. If you go with a bigger overall rolling diameter, your speedo will read a little slow. You will actually be going faster than what it says. If you go with a smaller diameter your speedo will read too high. To get the exact error percentage just find the percentage differnce in rolling diameters between the stock set up and what you're thinking of going with. That percentage should be approximately the same as your speedo error. Now remember all vehicles come with an inherent speedo error. Nissans usually read a little high so if you slightly increase in size, the speedo could be dead on.

------------------
rschauby
2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts