B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think my tire shine is making my tires turn brown that stuff is really greasy is there a way to remove it easily?

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
yeah just one of those brushes should get it off...what kinda tire shine are you using? my eagle one spray gel stuff used to do that, plus it got crap all alongside of my car. now i use the meguiars purple gel stuff and i have no problems

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Just use a big semi-soft bristled brush & lots of soap. I don't like using those tire shine products since the crap usually ends up on the body of the car. I just like to keep the tires really clean.

·
&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
8,477 Posts
SR20DE_MAN said:
Just use a big semi-soft bristled brush & lots of soap. I don't like using those tire shine products since the crap usually ends up on the body of the car. I just like to keep the tires really clean.
the meguiars doesn't leave it, you should try
shiney tires look sooo much better :D

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
I agree. The Meguires Tire Gel is da bomb. Just put some on a rag (not too much) and wipe it on. I usually will rewipe it after I apply it maybe after 15 minutes to get rid of the excess. That way you don't get it spraying all over your car. And it lasts hella long too, even through rain storms (just as it claims). :D

And it smells good too...like grapes. :eek:

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
shanno575 said:
the meguiars doesn't leave it, you should try
shiney tires look sooo much better :D
Well, you see, putting a tire through heavy cornering abuse gets it on the body. It's gonna spray everywhere. Besides, the tire is way too greasy! Sliiiip!! Slip n slide, it's a watery... Oh no wait!! A tarmac road!! :eek:

·
8,477 Posts
SR20DE_MAN said:
Well, you see, putting a tire through heavy cornering abuse gets it on the body. It's gonna spray everywhere. Besides, the tire is way too greasy! Sliiiip!! Slip n slide, it's a watery... Oh no wait!! A tarmac road!! :eek:
silly, you're not supposed to put it on the tread :p

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
SR20DE_MAN said:
Not only that but I find that the schine stuff actually makes my car slide when cornering. I have used several different brands and they all cause my car to slide during cornering. So I just stop using tire shine all together.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am using armorall

such garbage
ill definatetly try meguiares

so for the grease already on there just use soap?

my friend told me to use rim cleaner (degreaser)

but then again that fool uses that on his paint too ...... moron.

hehe

thanks alot everyone

·
8,477 Posts
armor sucks for basically everything
just water and the brush should work ok, or just use some of the soapy water from when you wash your car

·
Endless USA S13 Silvia
3,084 Posts
i'm using this black magic tire shine...its clean.......i put it on my tires and after bout 5 minutes wipe it off.........keeps the tires looking shiny but never gets on my car:D

Late,
Daniel

·
Registered
811 Posts
What turns yor tires brown is the solvent in some tire shines and protectants, water-based protected and shines will work well and not damage your tire or wheel.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
shanno575 said:
silly, you're not supposed to put it on the tread :p
Kya, kya, kya!! :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I use Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel. It doesnt fling onto my car, and I like its satin not too shiney finish. I've used the new Meguiars NXT Vinyl/Rubber dressing, and the shiney finish is pretty cool too, but I don't like it as much, as it flings a lil bit.

I used to use Armor All way back in the day, and that stuff turned my tires brown. It also flung everywhere.

·
Aiya!
560 Posts
shanno575 said:
armor sucks for basically everything
I dunno, I've found no product as good at making a shiny dash that shows dust really easily and obstructs your vision by reflecting onto the windscreen, making looking into a sunset that much worse.

·
8,477 Posts
TheBenior said:
I dunno, I've found no product as good at making a shiny dash that shows dust really easily and obstructs your vision by reflecting onto the windscreen, making looking into a sunset that much worse.
yep! and then it will crack your dash! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts