1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
damn still expensive though huh

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Anything Firestone sucks balls. ;) Well, I'm just speaking from my stock Firecraps. :D Why is it that Bridgestone makes much better tires than Firestone? They should just get rid of the Firestone name. ;)

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
You gotta luv this line..

Fuzion is a new brand of tire developed by Bridgestone/Firestone for the emerging sport compact market.
Emerging? I understand its a Detroit publication but emerging? was this guy living under a rock for the past 15 years?

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
i still want a set of advan neovas.....

those fusion deals dont look so hot. ill stick with my falkens in the mean time.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
the fuzion's definitely give the other tires in the entry level performance tire market a run for the money, but saying they are better than s-03's is a bit too much i think. the fuzion's are pretty much the updated replacement to the potenza re730's. not sure how accurate the tirerack.com road tests are, but the guys at tirerack tested out the fuzion's, and really liked them for what they were, but performed a tad under its bigger brother, the potenza re750.

dont get me wrong, i think the fuzion's are great for the market they are targeting, and the prices similar to that of kumho/falken/hankook for a bridgestone product is a smart move for them. fuzion's they are actually in the mail for my new set of wheels as we speak. i hope they as good as they are hyped up to be (for what they are).

·
Registered
190 Posts
kaaos said:
the fuzion's are pretty much the updated replacement to the potenza re730's.
Actually the 750's are replacements for the 730's. The 730's were developing bad noise problems after a few thousand miles. The 750's had a very slight redesign to counter that issue.... But performance wise, they are on par with the Potenza RE750's and Firehawk SZ50's. I think they are a good value for what they are... If you're looking for something better and don't want to be stuck with a directional tire, check out the Potenza RE070... Awesome tire.

·
M07S
2,422 Posts
Amplified2000 said:
Emerging? I understand its a Detroit publication but emerging? was this guy living under a rock for the past 15 years?
Well, the sport compact market is "emerging" from a manufacturer standpoint. SRT-4, WRX and WRX STI, Evo 8 are all relatively new products, and all have sub-14 second quarter-mile times stock. These cars definately push the envelope. Also, there is a horsepower war going on in the sport compact market. While the 1991 SER was truly a monster in the sport compact segment, 140hp does not turn heads when 300+hp V8's roam the land. The 300hp 300tq combo in the STI 4 banger sure turns some heads. So when publicly marred Firestone (Exploder... I mean Explorer) decides it wants to get into a new market, like the sport compact one, filled with ricers who value long tread life and looks over actual performance, they simply create a new brand. Just like Toyota, who created Lexus for upscale customers and Scion for younger customers, Firestone creates a new brand. If I was them, I wouldn't have announced it was actually Firestone.

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Pirelli P-Zero Corsa's PWN all . ;)
what about the p-nero zero mx?
thats supposed to be a damn good tire too

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
yep, ricer tires aimed at the "tuner" market, such as yoko paradas and nitto neo-gens have based their design on a cool tread pattern over actual performance. what's nice about the fuzion's is its actually a decent well performing tire (and at a great price). i personally think its ghey that its being marketed as a stereotypical ricer tire, umm i mean "tuner" tire ;), but oh well.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sure to open a can of worms...

My Parada Spec 2's seem to hold up pretty well for what it's worth. Someone find me a better tire in either 205 45/17's or 215 45/17's for the price. I'm talking about something that will perform for a 200-230 whp FWD car. :) I'm looking at either getting a set of brand new Parada's or something else in the next 6 months. :D

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Fuzions better than S-03? ROTFL What about an RE-050A?
I've heard in Japan the RE050 is the new S03...

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
pio!pio! said:
Fuzions better than S-03? ROTFL What about an RE-050A?
I've heard in Japan the RE050 is the new S03...
better for what?

;)

got links on the 050..

the fuzions are a high tread wear performance tire.. they are not a Competition or a S0-3 max performance tire.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Original Mr Sentra said:
Someone find me a better tire in either 205 45/17's or 215 45/17's for the price. I'm talking about something that will perform for a 200-230 whp FWD car.
I have Potenza SO3's on my Shelby Dodge. It was in the 250 to 275 ft/lb of torque range before I tore down the motor. They were the only tires I've had on there that didn't break loose in 3rd when boost rolled on. Best steering response and ride I've ever had also...

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
SR20dee said:
better for what?

;)

got links on the 050..

the fuzions are a high tread wear performance tire.. they are not a Competition or a S0-3 max performance tire.
They are avialable on tirerack. I think the RE050 shows up only int he Bridgestone category..and you have to click "see all available tires" to see the RE050A (which is basically an RE050 but w/ additional sizes)

As for refernces to the RE050 being the "new" S03 for JDM drivers, I read it on NASIOC by either shirokuma or AnotherB4 (they work at apexjapan.com) and they know their stuff..I think they are some kind of magazine over there cuz they always get tests for new cars and stuff

1 - 20 of 46 Posts