B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some attention getting rims. It looks like big rims with lowprofile tires are in. What is a good brand for a college student? And are getting used rims a bad investment? also why is eveyone getting rid of the lionheart rims?

·
Registered
605 Posts
That's definately the style. I wouldn't recommend anything above 17"s. 18"s/19"s will look good, but they will damage your performance and probably won't fit right. When you drop your car, you will probably rub on every bump with those size rims.

Konig, Racing Hart (not heart), ADR, Enkei, ACE, BBS, TenzoR are probably some of my favorite rim makers. If you like the SE-R rims, they look exactly like Enkei Fubukis.

Used rims are great. I wouldn't recommend getting them new unless there is an exact rims you like and/or you have the cash to spend. Don't rush into getting your rims because most likely you are going to have them for awhile. I am probably going to get some used rims when I do decide to buy.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
816 Posts
DO NOT buy ADR rims. They are nice LOOKING copies of all the better rims out there but they are very POOR quality. Their casting technique and the materials they use are very bad, therefore, their rims are very brittle and crack easily.

Some good quality copies are AKT, Konig, Katana, and Giovanna. There are TONS of cheap rims out there but you really have to do your research on where and how they are made cuz some take more shortcuts than others. Remember, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chinoworld:
17, 18, 19??? have u guys seen a sentra with 19s? well, if not... wait 2 more months and that will happen :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are 19's right there on the SEMA car ;)

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
623 Posts
hehe, no sentras and maximas r not the same... i've already tried that. sentras are 4 lugs and maximas are 5. i was gonna put the 17 maxima wheels on a sentra and it would look stock :)

G

·
....And the SEMA car can go any direction it wants....as long as it is STRAIGHT!! I doubt that thing could turn much at all. If Russ was rubbing with 205/55 16's at full lock, I can only imagine what those 19's WITH A DROP must be like.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Hotshot CAI

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts