B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
I think only Firestone makes the exact size 195/55 16's. I believe 205/50 16's will fit without any problem or affect on speedometer calibration, and are a much more popular size.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
104 Posts
This was probably answered before, but what about 205 55R16's? I wanted to replace my stockers with Potenza's RE730.

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
i put yokahama paradas 205-45-16 on mine on the front, they have held up really well to abuse and grip very good in the wet, and they are great dry weather tires also.

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package,
DTM muffler, custom cold air intake, NOS/ZEX hybrid Nitrous system 55 shot, HID bulbs all around. Ti vavle springs and retainers, Port and polished head, ported intake manifold, bored TB, port matched to gaskets, 5 angle vavle job. Eibach Sportline springs. x15.5 @ 88(STOCK) 14.8 @ 94(on the bottle),

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah... Y2K's right. Firestone pretty much is the only one that makes the stock size.

i've switched to 205/55/16 Bridgestone 730s for my ride. handling is better now. it's been mentioned before, there is a little rubbing on u-turns to the left.

check out COSTCO for the 730s... i got my set for $540 mounted. or $118 ea + mount

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
205 55 or 205 50 will fit. I have 205 55 for my winter tires, Micheln Alpine Pilots. Those do rub making u-turns.

I recently bought some Bridgestone Potenza RE730's 205 50's. These are great tires, I highly recommend them. I got them from NTB for about $110 a piece + mounting. If you go there they will tell you much more, but just ask them to price match Tirerack and they will plus $10 for shipping costs. The 205 50's don't rub at all.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered
268 Posts
you guys think yokahama paradas 215-40-17(with a 17 rim) is going to be a good choice?

thx

------------------
Please help me. I am a rook.

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra_n00b:
you guys think yokahama paradas 215-40-17(with a 17 rim) is going to be a good choice?

thx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would definitely check out the tire ratings and customer comments at both www.tirerack.com, and www.tires.com. I'm going with Potenza RE730's because of all the great comments, the 300 AA A rating, and just of what Bridgestone has about them. The only thing that is bothering me is the snow traction... :(

Hey, if I get the 205 50's, how much of a speedo difference will I have?

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've heard some bad things about the Paradas. Some of the local SCCA drivers have told me they suck for these reasons.

1. You need a full contact patch. No camber, if theres camber they will handel like crap.

2. From what I've been hearing they don't last long.

3. For the price you can get a much better tire.

Don't get me wrong they look cool but I wouldn't buy them. Right now I'm running 215 45 Sumitomo HTRZ 2's and those are great. They stick really well, there quiet, price is good, and they last pretty long.

I would either go with Sumitomo or Kumho because there good and well priced.

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2. Kaizo Speed Gear

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
This is funny; everyone likes Bridgestone, but hates Firestone, even though they are basically the same company. :)

I plan on getting some snow tires and wheels for this winter. Last year, Tirerack had 15" wheels and Blizzacks for ~$500. That would allow the OEM Firestones to last until the Spring of 2003 for me.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marvin:

Hey, if I get the 205 50's, how much of a speedo difference will I have?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

none. it will be the same.

i'm actually looking at kumho's.

------------------
the moderator formerly known as 2000SE
MY SITE

M

·
0 Posts
I was looking at the Kumho 712's also. They are considerably cheaper than the Bridgestone 730's, have a higher treadwear rating and seem to offer 9/10's of the performance.

I have done a lot of research on Miata.net and other tire savvy internet resources. The concenus seems to be that the Kumho's aren't the best tire you can buy, but are the best tire you can buy for the money. On a set of 4 tires, the Kumho will be like over 70 dollars cheaper than the 730's.

Everyone that I've talked to that own them (2 high HP DSM cars and a focus)love them. They are great at the drag strip, and offer good treadlife and excellent wet weather grip.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Ok you guys are having your fun talking bout the replacements for the 16 inchers on the PP SE's..but what bout us Regular SE's with only 15 inchers?

M

·
0 Posts
The 730's and Kuhmo 712's are available in 15" aswell. I am not sure what would be the correct replacement size, but both are available in a 205/50 15 and the 730 is available in a 205/60 15, although it isn't the same tread pattern.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts