B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 SE-R and was looking to get new tires, I read the common questions faq on the board, but still just want to make sure.

Will a 215/45-17 be a good choice for my car? I wanted something a little wider than the stock tires. The car is used for city/highway driving, no racing or anything like that.

Thanks guys :)

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
You are getting new wheels right? You need 17" X 7" wheels.

Yeah. They'll fit fine. Just make sure that the wheels are between a 40 to 47 mm offset.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
im not 100% sure but i believe the size 215/45/17 is the size that comes on the stock spec v. You said you have an se-r so im guessing its a non spec v, so im also assuming you have the 16" wheels. If i was upgrading to a bigger size rim/tire combo, i would go wit the 215/45/17. It has sort of a low profile look and still cushions the rim enough not to get bent under most conditions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just getting new tires, but I would still be using the stock se-r wheels.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
^ Ah!! Then you want some 205/55-16 24.9" (diameter) or 205/50-16 (24.1" diameter) tires. The stock size is 195/55-16 (24.4" diameter).

I run 205/55-16 Hankook Ventus Sport K104 tires & they stick to the tarmac very good. I'm one of those people that puts their tires through some serious abuse too. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2002 SER and went with 205-55-16 Continental Extreme Contacts. I live in Milwaukee and feel these are a great all weather tire at a reasonable price. Their performance is much much better than the stock Firestones. I do not race but drive pretty hard and am very happy with these tires. Tire Rack has them for about $80/each

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
so we still havent figured out whether or not he means the stock 16" wheels or the stock 17" spec v wheels..i seriously think he has the 16's though..the tire brand really depends on your needs and price range but size wise, I recommend the 205/55/16.

·
Registered
70 Posts
But unless you want to buy over the internet the K104's are hard to get in my area. I bought the H405's & they are great tires for the price & look awesome... A tad less low pro then the K104's but I could not find them anywhere.. (Needed new tires fast)

Hankook makes great tires for the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts