B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my redline shifter/brake/armrest cover combo. I am verry happy with the product, and I highly reccomend. But I was a little unhappy with how loose the armrest cover was. I also noticed this in a few of the other members pics that were posted. SO here is what I did:

I strongly suggest using a heat gun and some hot glue sticks. If you heat the cover up (dont melt it!) the leather streches allowing for a tighter and cleaner fit. Then heat the hot glue stick, and use it like a pen to line the inside of the plastic so it holds. This took me about 20 minutes and looks alot better than it did before! Hope you like it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$95 for the whole set shipped. Well worth it as I said before, especially if you have the leather steering wheel!

·
Hater
907 Posts
Interesting idea. Looks nice, man!

My problem with it isn't that it's loose......it's that, well, the Sentra's armrest is that gawdawful hard plastic, and covering it with my Redline boot just made it, well, gawdawful hard plastic covered in leather. Every bit as uncomfortable....soooo....I took some foam and put it under the cover, so now the armrest is nice and cushy and covered in leather. Still not great fitment for the cover, but it's a lot tighter than the normal setup, and waaaay more comfortable. :cool:

You're giving me an idea, though...on how to make the cover fit tight and have it be cushy. Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to put foam in but I was too lazy to drive to michael's to get the foam. :)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Did you consider trying to put it in the dryer to heat it up?
Then you wouldent have to use the heat gun.....
Just a suggestion, looks nice also...

·
X-B15 Owner, Si Owner Now
64 Posts
When I installed mine, I used 3M spray adhesive. I had some left over when i used to build custom stereo boxes. It worked great.

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
you can get it in tan leather

1 - 11 of 11 Posts