B15 Sentra Forum banner

Tint

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Sentra Styling 
#1 ·
What should I know going into the tint place tomorrow to get my tint done. What is the best to get, how dark etc? I just want some info so I am at least a step ahead....thanks

-iLL

#2 ·
Does your state require safety inspection in conjunction with emission? If so, you may want to check the legal limit. My friend has to take off the tint on his '96 Civic because they said it was too dark. Where we live, they let you go down to 20% all around and his, IIRC, was 15%.

#3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iLLt3cK:
What should I know going into the tint place tomorrow to get my tint done. What is the best to get, how dark etc? I just want some info so I am at least a step ahead....thanks

-iLL
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
deffinetly check out your state laws first and formost you don't wanna have to go threw taking off the tint....my state law for tint is 35% and thats what I have on my car......

------------------

Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

#4 ·
I'm going soon too!

Here in PA they don't care about tint for inspection but the cops aren't too fond of it. They can only tell you to remove it if it's on your front side windows too. Do ya'll think it would look bad to have lighter tint on the front side windows and darker on the back? I'd like to get silver trim around them too. (You know, were it's a black plastic stock.) No were I know of does that type of thing though.

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package

#5 ·
I know that they crackdown on it in the Norhteast of the country, most states up there are 35% and tahts what I got. I really would like 15% but they carry tint meters up there.

Down here in GA i don't think there is a limit, if there is it is 20% and they are really lenient, as well as in florida from what I've seen. I think it just has to do with the sun levels down here compared to up north.

Oh yeah get seamless tint on your backwindow if you can. It'll cost a little more but they make the backwindow in a big piece rather than in little strips and it looks better.

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com

#6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Neil:
I know that they crackdown on it in the Norhteast of the country, most states up there are 35% and tahts what I got. I really would like 15% but they carry tint meters up there.

Down here in GA i don't think there is a limit, if there is it is 20% and they are really lenient, as well as in florida from what I've seen. I think it just has to do with the sun levels down here compared to up north.

Oh yeah get seamless tint on your backwindow if you can. It'll cost a little more but they make the backwindow in a big piece rather than in little strips and it looks better.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>yes they do carry the meters up here(them bastards)
i have the legal linit of 35% i really would have liked 5% but i would get pulled over quicker than i put it on....and go for the solid back window like Neil said it looks awesome......

------------------

Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

#7 ·
ILL... I know being here in Killeen, that the tint in the front is supposed to be lighter than the back. I don't know wut color your car is, but wut I did wus get my tint black and mirrored. (mirrored up top) My car is black and it looks really good. You shouldn't pay no more than 120-130 dollars. The only thing is most tint places won't tint the top of the back window because of the little bumps in the window for fear of bubbles. So they recommended to me to go to a place that does stenciling or stickers and get a piece cut out to fit the space up top.

#9 ·
I don't think that tint in the back and light in the front looks all that bad. I got used to mine, and tint overall is good to have just to protect your interior.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

#11 ·
Today I was walking into school and a kid pulled up in an Acura Integra with like 5% tint all around. I've noticed it before and he's had it on for a couple months so I ran up to him and asked him how he gets away with it. He said he got a doctor note from his optometrist saying his eyes are sensitive to sunlight and that it works. Only downside he said is that he gets pulled over a lot but he just whips out the note and they let him go.
just an idea if anyone wishes to pursue.

------------------

#12 ·
i have heard of some people around my area that did that same thing,,,,,hmmmmm I think i'll have to take a trip to the eye doctors

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

#13 ·
I'm going for it! No lye.....got an optometrist appointment on tuesday!
I wouldn't want to spend 225 bucks for nothing ya know? I think if it works i'll go with a 35 or maybe even 5 what do ya think?

------------------

#14 ·
well if you get the note go for the 5%

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.