B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a site out there that has a car done with different levels of tint so you can tell how each grade would look on the same car?

Thanks peeps!

------------------
Mike
-Please pass the vodka!-

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i dont know.... but i want titanium tint.....

the mirror stuff....but im sure its illegal

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires

·
Registered
605 Posts
don't get the mirror stuff. After awhile they begin to look crappy. Get the regular titaniums, they should last you at least 7 years.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
how much does a complete job usually run?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I was quoted $169.95 for my 00 Sentra @ 35%. No details on what kind of tint though.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

Here's 35% on my sentra

And here's 5% on my old car

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I paid right around $160 for my sentra to be tinted...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Damn, the 5% on Styling's old ride is some wicked sh*t! Did you guys have the dot matrix crap on the top of the rear windshield sanded down before you had your Sentras tinted? I think I have to get mine redone.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
they did mine along the top doesn't look bad didn't have it sanded either....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got mine done in 35% for about $130.

I would have preferred 15% but they told me it was illegal.

Then,while I was there waiting I overheard a guy say he called about 15% tint.
And the sales person said they could do it but there wouldn't be any warranty and he wouldn't get a recipt.
I would have done that had I known.

They used llumar tint.It's supposed to be really good.
The job came out alright except for the dots in the back window.Not that bad.

Styling-How does the tint look in the back?Just want to know how mine compares.

------------------
Now-2000 GXE
Later-2002 SE-R(hopefully)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
thanks for the info... i might go get my windows tinted.... you guys think 35% will be fine?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
it wouldnt be tight when i get pulled over though

------------------

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Hahah! Don't know about San Diego, but in LA you get a $77 ticket if you have ANY tint in front. I'm speaking from first hand experience.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Devin:
Styling-How does the tint look in the back?Just want to know how mine compares.

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>it didn't come out looking that bad over the dots....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by agent vee:
damn that 5% is pretty tight hehhee

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes the 5% was pretty cool looking but as far as to see out of it at night was a real task,,,had to wind window down all the time to back up into like a parking space or something like that.....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
605 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
I paid right around $160 for my sentra to be tinted...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

$160?? I paid $100 for removal and retint of my old sentra! I got 45% titaninms for my sister. The 35% was the same price and cheaper w/o removal. The b13 was 2-dr, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This was back in the day but mine was about $140 back in 1996. I'm sure it hasnt gone up considerably. It was 3M 35% tint too. Now that I look at it 35% is fine at night but I wish during the day it was like 20% or 15%.

I wonder if there is some % changin tint out there.

Oh yeah make sure you get seamless tint on your back window so its a single piece and not a bunch of strips, its a little extra but looks much better. If you go to a professional tint shop they should have windows in their showroom with the different tint levels.

Oh yeah that 5% tint does look sweet, too bad its so hard to seee out of.

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I have an appointment Monday @ 3 for my windows to be tinted - $149.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by azninvazion:
$160?? I paid $100 for removal and retint of my old sentra! I got 45% titaninms for my sister. The 35% was the same price and cheaper w/o removal. The b13 was 2-dr, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
well your also not looking at it this way,,,,I've been to florida and there is a tint shop on every corner and the sun is alot brighter and warmer there as well so it's in more of a demand,,,,where as up here we use the heaters more than AC's and the sun isn't as strong..
It makes it more for looks rather than performance...See what i'm saying??

hey i have one question for you,,,,do you guys in florida get heaters as standard equipment or is it an option??? J/K

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts