B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001 Sentra GXE, and I've noticed that the throttle response (which was never great) has gotten worse. When I pop the hood to check things out, the throttle cable will sag well beyond 1 inch of deflection. There used to be an article in the HOW TO section regarding throttle cable adjustment, but I can't find it now that the site has been redesigned. Can anybody link me to it or help me out?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can't seem to find the link myself, but I'll atleast try to help.
One thing about the article in the How To section (although not to bash), but the procedure was slightly wrong. The throttle cable is suppose to have a slight deflection on it, but the measurement is somethin I dont have.
But anyhow, the cable is connected to a throttle drum, which is the half circular metal thing. That system is connected to a vacuum hose on the throttle openner. When your engine turns on, the vacuum goes off and the cable is loosened more. Look at the system closely and have someone turn on your car, you'll see what I mean.
Once you see how the thing works, supress the spring holdin the throttle drum forward, you can even use your finger.
Now we have two bolt nuts, one is to loosen the the cable, the other is to adjust. Loosen, then adjust of course. During adjustment watch for a point in which the cable just slightly pulls the drum. Now for safety reasons given by a nissan mechanic, loosen the cable by three full rotations on the adjusting nut. I wish I can provide pics, but no digital camera, I hope that helps tho.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1SentraNotEnuff said:
Sorry i didnt read the entire thread. my bad
No prob. Thanks to everybody for the fast help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts