B15 Sentra Forum banner

Throttle Body

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  1.8 sleeper 
#1 ·
I Remember Someone Saying Sothing About Getting The Throttle Body Portde And It Adding Like 4-5 Hp Where Can I Get This Done And How Much?

#4 ·
Garland can do it for you..midpennmotorsports.

Look in offtopic for ported tb

You can send him one and he will port it and mail it back..or you can get in on the list where he sends you a ported one and you send him your old one back..but that takes a LOOT longer. I was on that list for a couple months before it got to my turn.

You more likely add like 2-3 hp..but it's a really cheap mod so go for it!

#5 ·
In the past with sr20 cars going to a larger throttle body showed NO gains at all. There was a tiny bit better throttle response but that was the only gain. The qr25 already flows pretty well so I highly doubt that a "ported" throttle body will show any gains. Someone go out and prove me wrong with back to back dynos though. Until then I don't see it providing any gains.

#6 ·
how much are we talking for a ported tb

#8 ·
UP TO A YEAR!!!! WTF!!! seriously who knows how long it takes to get a throttle body ported and how much it will cost? I have a qg18 and was looking into having this done since i cant find one aftermarket.

#9 ·
1.8 sleeper said:
UP TO A YEAR!!!! WTF!!! seriously who knows how long it takes to get a throttle body ported and how much it will cost? I have a qg18 and was looking into having this done since i cant find one aftermarket.
If you get a TB from the junkyard, or are willing to have your car sit for a bit, you can send one in to Garland and he will port it for you, should only take a week or two, but talk to him to be sure...the year is because of the waiting list for the floating TB (which is for the qr25de only anyway).

#10 ·
david said:
In the past with sr20 cars going to a larger throttle body showed NO gains at all. There was a tiny bit better throttle response but that was the only gain. The qr25 already flows pretty well so I highly doubt that a "ported" throttle body will show any gains. Someone go out and prove me wrong with back to back dynos though. Until then I don't see it providing any gains.
Discussed with many doubters being proved wrong on thevboard, and the back to back dyno runs you requested are already on your site for the qr25...

see the dyno sheet here: http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/YELLOWV/File0001.jpg

and the thread here:
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66855

#12 ·
MN01GXE said:
If you get a TB from the junkyard, or are willing to have your car sit for a bit, you can send one in to Garland and he will port it for you, should only take a week or two, but talk to him to be sure...the year is because of the waiting list for the floating TB (which is for the qr25de only anyway).
My car is already sitting in my driveway not moving while i am doing some work on it so there would be no problem for me to send off my TB to have it ported. So ehh .. who is this .. how much do i need to offer him and how should i get in contact with him?

#13 ·
Our shop can also do it....my car picked up 4 whp with it on a Mustang Dyno.

Feel free to give us a call (419) 474-7992

#14 ·
personally, im not going ported. im having an adapter plate made, and using the Q45 throttle body with my o2induction manifold. 90mm (3.5in) of goodness.

#15 ·
david said:

What about this whole " Thermoblock Spacer " thing for the RR SR20DE motor ?

#19 ·
BodeB15 said:
What about this whole " Thermoblock Spacer " thing for the RR SR20DE motor ?

they only have it for highport motors.
if im not mistaken, the RR SR20 is a lowport.
someone who lives near the thermoblock company needs to bring them their car so us lowport people can have them too!

#20 ·
Cougs said:
Our shop can also do it....my car picked up 4 whp with it on a Mustang Dyno.

Feel free to give us a call (419) 474-7992
I have a 1.8s sentra do you know how much it would be to get that kind of job done and how long it will take. BTW i am doing this so that when i have my turbo kit built everything will be able to run that much more smoothly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.