B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of thoughts when it comes to a custom trunk and was wanting some opinions. I still have measurements to do tomorrow, but want to share ideas. 1. Getting rid of the spare and possibly putting the sub in the tire well and keeping it from sliding around in the trunk. Option 2. Keep the spare tire where it is currently sitting. Buy some plywood and cut it in 2 pieces and make it so the front half (closest to tail lights) opens up for easy access to the spare. The placing the sub on top of the back half of the plywood and somehow securing it into the plywood. I want this to be easy to remove if necessary which i think would happen if i have it made into 2 sections. Does anyone possibly have the deminsions for the trunk already made for the 01 SE 2.0?? All suggestions and opinions are welcome, but not all will be followed, LMAO.

Thanks in advance.

Luke

·
Registered
631 Posts
read through my Fiberglass Finally! thread. this was discussed for the better part of 2 pages lol
it CAN be done, but i'll tell you now from experience...its a WICKED b*tch to design and build. the hinges and the door part of the plywood will rattle like mad. ive had to change my design so i plywood the back half of my trunk (sorry no measurements...do what i did...take a bunch of pieces of paper and duct tape, and layer the paper (cut it if need be) around the edge of the trunk, basically making yourself a life-size replica of the trunk
i'll be fiberglassing over that and the back plate / battery box i'm making. i'd take pictures for ya, but it isnt even close to done.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read through it, but it didn't help much because there aren't pics of it to see how it was done. If you post pics then it would help, but I was also looking for advice as to whether to put the sub in the spare tire well or to use plywood.

·
Registered
110 Posts
well if you already have a sub or subs and a box i recommend building off of it thats what i did. i placed a piece of plywood on the floor moved the box all the way back and faced the sub towards the rear bumper then i used plywood to build off the box creating a hole for the sub and for the trunk hinges to clear. then i built a amp rack off the right side and enclosed the amp completely except the face and carpeted the whole thing using trunk carpet from ann fabrics and spray adhesive. the project cost me 25.00 and it took me a 6 hours to frame it up and carpet it. sucks cause i basically bolted my spare i but it looks clean sounds good and it didnt cost me a bundle. hope this helps.

·
Registered
631 Posts
01SentraSE2.0 said:
I read through it, but it didn't help much because there aren't pics of it to see how it was done. If you post pics then it would help, but I was also looking for advice as to whether to put the sub in the spare tire well or to use plywood.

heh, no pics cause it isnt even CLOSE to done yet. theres still a LOT more prep work to do before i can start fiberglassing.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
airforcespecv said:
well if you already have a sub or subs and a box i recommend building off of it thats what i did. i placed a piece of plywood on the floor moved the box all the way back and faced the sub towards the rear bumper then i used plywood to build off the box creating a hole for the sub and for the trunk hinges to clear. then i built a amp rack off the right side and enclosed the amp completely except the face and carpeted the whole thing using trunk carpet from ann fabrics and spray adhesive. the project cost me 25.00 and it took me a 6 hours to frame it up and carpet it. sucks cause i basically bolted my spare i but it looks clean sounds good and it didnt cost me a bundle. hope this helps.
walling off the back section of the trunk isn't really what he's talking about... not to mention it kinda cuts off some access to the cabin for the sound.

·
Registered
110 Posts
dev why are you sweatin my nots?!!!!! your crashing everything i say but if you read his post you would see that he said he wanted ideas and thats what i gave him so stop f---in jumping my post!!!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
walling off the back section of the trunk isn't really what he's talking about... not to mention it kinda cuts off some access to the cabin for the sound.
Hes not jumping your nuts, he is posting factual info. Walling off your cabin is the easiest way to trap bass IN YOUR TRUNK, which is exactly where you dont want it. If you like your setup, FINE, but dont suggest idiotic ways for others to do the same.
Besides, did you say you made a box out of plywood?

·
Registered
110 Posts
no ashole i didnt make a box with plywood i built off my existing box to give a custom enclosure look and mind your own cause this ashole has been following my posts all night trying to diss and all im giving is my opinion which is what he asked so fock off. all i give is options whether they be good or bad so quite wasting space critising my opinion and help out and give your own.

·
Registered
110 Posts
oh and by the way you definately do lose bass doing it the way i did it so if you cant afford to lose it then dont try it i could afford to and did to get a cleaner look at little cost.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
You pretty much summed up
1. Your level of intellect
2. Your level of maturity
3. Your knowledge of car audio

Congrats flyboy, you're still an idiot.

If you dont want others commenting on what you have to say, then I suggest you keep your cake hole shut.

·
Registered
110 Posts
dont hate cause you were to stupid to score high enough on the asvab to get in the air force so you had to settle on being a grunt and last time i checked it was a board to help people which means when if you feel like something is posted that might be wrong you tell them not try to make them look stupid but i wouldnt expect anything less from a jar head!!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
airforcespecv said:
dont hate cause you were to stupid to score high enough on the asvab to get in the air force so you had to settle on being a grunt and last time i checked it was a board to help people which means when if you feel like something is posted that might be wrong you tell them not try to make them look stupid but i wouldnt expect anything less from a jar head!!
1. I scored a 92 on the ASVAB, at 17 years old, with a GT of 112.
2. You sir are a disgrace to any branch of service.
3. Mods please clean this mess up.

AF if you have a problem with me you can PM me or hit me up on AIM.

·
Registered
631 Posts
airforce. stfu. you dont know what the f*ck you're talking about
i try to not get involved in other peoples flame wars...but you're argueing a ridiculous point. who the f*ck cares what branch of the military you're in? i think you're an idiot for signing up during a war...but whatever.
you're posts are damn near incoherent...i'm STILL trying make sense of a couple of them
and you're argueing with some of the top audio-guru's ON this forum (devlyn, specvfreak, me, only people really not here are evangelosk and 2001 se#2)
if you run rear speakers, sealing off the trunk is a BAD idea, since it will trap 99% of your bass in your trunk, no matter how loud you bump it. if you DONT run rear speakers, you could wall off the hole behind the seat for a clean appearance when fiberglassing in subs (like i'm doing)...but you NEED to make sure you have the rear deck speaker holes OPEN, hell, i might cut another hole in the rear deck....so bass CAN enter the cabin. you just have to make sure you mat the hell out of it, or it'll rattle like mad.

dont sh*t on everyone else man. you posted your opinion. someone posted afterwards saying you're opinion was incorrect. if you truly were ONLY giving your opinion, you wouldn't get so defensive and JUST ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG

god damn i cant stand incredibly immature people

and in answer
yes, you can seal off the space behind the seat for a clean install, you just need to make sure you have open space in the rear deck

·
Registered
110 Posts
thanks for your opinion mr audio guru im glad you have dedicated your life to car audio and i will be sure to listen to what ever you post in the future!! as well as your butt buddy who you have come to rescue. oh and by the way i didnt sign up after the war i already did my time and he was the one who brought the military into this thread. by the way only a heartless pusy would be afraid to join the military after its country had been attacked and im sure even your boy that your protecting will agree with that. but i guess thats why biches like you stay home while we defend your sorry audio guru as''sss!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
airforcespecv said:
thanks for your opinion mr audio guru im glad you have dedicated your life to car audio and i will be sure to listen to what ever you post in the future!! as well as your butt buddy who you have come to rescue. oh and by the way i didnt sign up after the war i already did my time and he was the one who brought the military into this thread. by the way only a heartless pusy would be afraid to join the military after its country had been attacked and im sure even your boy that your protecting will agree with that. but i guess thats why biches like you stay home while we defend your sorry audio guru as''sss!!

no. i dont jump up and go to war because to be totally honest...i dont support the recent government in anything it does. dubya is a f*cking moron imo, and why the hell would i risk my own life to protect our goddam oil interests? there never were weapons of mass destruction...he just wanted to go out with a bang. i can agree with afghanistan....they're the reason that 9/11 was allowed to happen. after than, dubya f*cked it all up. we should have never gone to iraq, and with any luck, kerry will win and pull us out of iraq.

but anyways
ITS A F*CKING AUDIO FORUM. not your personal romping grounds to get political on me. theres NO fkn reason to insult other members for giving their opinions on one of your posts, especially if you're wrong.
and as for devlyn, hes a friend of mine, not a "butt buddy"...but hey, what can i expect from an ignornant military man with (probably) no college education. (military guys dont take that the wrong way. my father was in teh navy, my grandfather was in the marines...and 2 of my cousins are Blackhawk pilots who are ove rin iraq right now, ive got nothing but respect for you guys...just too bad this a$shat's giving you a bad rep)
to be honest man, i hope you get banned for being a douche. at least then we wouldnt have to listen to you

as for 01Sentra2.0 ...sorry airforce turned your thread into his own personal vendetta. PM an admin about it, im sure they'll take care of it (feel free to delete this post as well)

·
Registered
110 Posts
lol wow dude i tried to let it die but you are turning it personal i bowed down to your audio greatness! oh and by the way i have a BA in business admin but you right i am a dumb military man!lol

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
airforcespecv said:
. by the way only a heartless pusy would be afraid to join the military after its country had been attacked and im sure even your boy that your protecting will agree with that. but i guess thats why biches like you stay home while we defend your sorry audio guru as''sss!!

Wrong. The military is not for everyone. Get over it. It says nothing to ones patriotism or loyalty to the coutry if they choose not to serve.

Conversly if one serves in the military that is not always a testament to ones patriotism.

Seriously cmon dude. Did you spend any time in Iraq? Go ahead and lie. I have 1k+ pictures from the mosul airfield and surrounding areas, Turkey, and various other places. Stop acting like you have done hard time. That rarely exists in the AF.

I dont know where you are coming up with all this stuff, or what you feel like you have to prove, but its clear that you have some issues you need to deal with. I do know that you are the most ignorant fool we have come across here in a while.

01SentraSE2.0 >>>Sorry about this, if you want to hit me up on AIM, I'd be glad to help you out with the goals you have in mind.

·
Registered
110 Posts
no ididnt spend time in iraq but i did spend 3 months in a tent in kuwait and if you think im making stuff up ill send the pics to prove it. i was at ali al saleem air base in kuwait from nov01-feb02. but lets kill this thread cause its going no where.

·
Registered
110 Posts
by the way my apology goes to 01sentra2.0 sorry dude didnt mean to trash your thread i was just trying to let you know what i did to see if it could help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts