B15 Sentra Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Team Driven San Diego
4,237 Posts
Midnight2001SE said:
Ya, that's a good one, they tell you to always parck in well lit areas,!
A decent insurance company is also a good idea. For instance GEICO will insure aftermarket products on your car up to $2000 for free and like $2 for every $1000 more that you want.

·
eyeforaneyetoothforatooth
980 Posts
MIAPLAYA said:
A decent insurance company is also a good idea. For instance GEICO will insure aftermarket products on your car up to $2000 for free and like $2 for every $1000 more that you want.
How does that work, do you just show them your reciepts when making a claim, of do you do it when you install the aftermarket parts?

Edit: for the first $2000.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I swear by the clutch/brake lock. Although it isn't very visable, it will make sure your car will be there. You can't even sit in the drivers seat, let alone use the clutch ;)

I've never been a big fan of stereo equipment & etc: So I'm more worried about the vehicle as a whole.

·
Team Driven San Diego
4,237 Posts
Midnight2001SE said:
How does that work, do you just show them your reciepts when making a claim, of do you do it when you install the aftermarket parts?

Edit: for the first $2000.
Yes they say to have reciepts or pictures of it installed in your ride. I prefer pictures so they cannot argue that it wasn't installed in your car.

·
eyeforaneyetoothforatooth
980 Posts
IBLIS said:
I swear by the clutch/brake lock. Although it isn't very visable, it will make sure your car will be there. You can't even sit in the drivers seat, let alone use the clutch ;)

I've never been a big fan of stereo equipment & etc: So I'm more worried about the vehicle as a whole.
Any suggestions on what to look for, price and where to find one?

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
I just learned about the Autolock clutch/brake lock, and I have to say I'm going out to get one sometime this week. Check it out here: http://www.autolock.com/howit.html. I hear they sell these at most local Pepboys, Kragen, etc type stores.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
GO ON EBAY PEOPLE!!! at store = 69.99, on ebay = 45.00 shipped, maybe cheaper...
NOW...only thing is, the autolock does not fit our brake pedals. you have to manuver it around the curve of the brake pedal...

·
Registered
12 Posts
SE-Reyes2.5 said:
my friend's Integra was stolen just 2 nights ago at a Best Buy. Another friend's Civic was stolen on thanksgiving day in the parking lot of his apt. complex, and about 1 week before that my girlfriend's CRX was stolen in front of her uncles house. aint that some $h*t...

Man stay away from them you will be next!!!
lol
:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kill Switch

What exactly is a kill switch and how does an imobilizer work?

I've though about removing my fuel pump relay when leaving my car for an extended period of time. Is this the same idea as a kill switch? Should be easy enough to wire in a switch. You could even put in a decoy that when flipped would blow an inaccesible fuse. (If you're really paranoid.)

I assume the imobilizer works with the engine computer. Does the key send a special code to the computer? I imagine it's easy for pros to get programmable keys, but they have no way of knowing your code. Is it possible to get this installed without the stereo system? Sounds like it would be pretty hard to beat.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts