B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...came to life today.

Here I am, in Big Bear's parking lot, walking back to my car after being a good consumer and taking my shopping cart back to the drop off when I hear this sound of a runaway cart. (It's been very windy and gusty in Ohio today.) Much to my chagrin, its heading right for the back of my car. I ran straight for it, but it slowed down just as I caught it, causing me to run in front of it. Somehow I reached back, grabbed the front of it, and yanked it onto its side.

Why can't people put their carts back so people like me don't get hurt tackling shopping carts?

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
297 Posts
hahahah, thanks for the laughs, that commercial was mad funny, yeah I hate when people do that shizt, I always take my time and take the cart back into the store. Glad to hear your car made it alright, how's your back?

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I used to be a bagger at a grocery store during my high school years, heh, people always left their carts EVERYWHERE. And I always had to get 'em all over the parking lot. It sucked.

And then there was this one gusty day - I had just got off of work and as I was walking to my car, a cart had hit the side of the door. Real bad! Man it was horrible... I was so upset. But that's when I used to drive a '89 Buick Century :) But I feel for ya, I'd be runnin' too!

------------------
Jerome
1998 Deep Crystal Blue 200SX SE-R
01-11.com

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thats funny, my girlfriend always said she could picture me doing that.
Jerome...
I was curious to se what your 98 200sx looked like, I was very impressed. the color is very nice on it, I don't think I've ever seen one of those on the road. Anyways very nice car.

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
HEHEHE I love that commercial

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
104 Posts
That commercial was awesome man!

VW always come up with some good commercial's, but how about the new WRX's? Or even the Frontier? :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
16 Posts
The WRX commercial is booooring...just some guy shifting and the car taking some turns...soooo typical of any car commercial.

The Frontier commercial really rocks...you see it crashing through the mud...with some heavy guitar in the background...while a voice says...the new Frontier...part jet fighter, part street fighter...yeah baby!!!!

The Passat commercial is hilarious...this ordinary joe walks up to his Passat, but a van pulls up behind him, and these ninja like hoods hustle him into the van.

10 seconds later, the van comes up to the same spot and drops him off. The hoods apologize..."uhm, sorry, man" The guy looks dazed.

Voiceover: the new Passat - only looks like a million dollars.

That was funny!!!

Of course, the all time classic is the Honduh Accord...where this guy is admiring a Accord hung vertically on the wall of an art gallery...then walks _into_ it and drives it off. Verrryy cooool.

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wetnose:
The WRX commercial is booooring...just some guy shifting and the car taking some turns...soooo typical of any car commercial.

The Frontier commercial really rocks...you see it crashing through the mud...with some heavy guitar in the background...while a voice says...the new Frontier...part jet fighter, part street fighter...yeah baby!!!!

The Passat commercial is hilarious...this ordinary joe walks up to his Passat, but a van pulls up behind him, and these ninja like hoods hustle him into the van.

10 seconds later, the van comes up to the same spot and drops him off. The hoods apologize..."uhm, sorry, man" The guy looks dazed.

Voiceover: the new Passat - only looks like a million dollars.

That was funny!!!

Of course, the all time classic is the Honduh Accord...where this guy is admiring a Accord hung vertically on the wall of an art gallery...then walks _into_ it and drives it off. Verrryy cooool.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the WRX is boring, but simple. I like that. That Passat was GREAT! I laughed my *** off!

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
50 Posts
Y2K SE...LOL that's a cool commercial and guess what...almost same thing here! I was walking back to my car and I heard a runaway cart come flying toward this Lincoln Navigator...walking the same pace I had been, I reached the car at the same time the buggy was about to hit...*risking life and limb for a Navigator* wonder how much it would have really hurt the big thing LOL...and the owner will never know how close that really was...oh well I can only hope that someone might have done the same for me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonesmuggler:
Jerome...
I was curious to se what your 98 200sx looked like, I was very impressed. the color is very nice on it, I don't think I've ever seen one of those on the road. Anyways very nice car.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bonesmuggler,

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the comments. Back when the Civics were more or less taking over the import scene in my area, I wanted to get something different so I sought out for the 200SX. Specifically in that color.

I think ever since I got it I've only seen that color twice. Both SEs. Anyway, thanks again for the compliments... Peace...

------------------
Jerome
1998 Deep Crystal Blue 200SX SE-R
01-11.com

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonesmuggler:
Thats funny, my girlfriend always said she could picture me doing that.
Jerome...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My g/f did see me do that. She was sitting in the car, watching the cart head for the car. She thought I was crazy.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
41 Posts
VW has an even better commercial for the Jetta Wolfsburg. A guy is standing beside the car in the woods when his friend comes running towards him yelling DRIVE!!
They jump in and the driver screeches away, not knowing what they are running from - the passenger then holds up a poleroid he took of himself with a grizzly bear in the woods!
The Voice over talks about the Jetta having speed whenever you need it, and the last word from the driver when he sees the photo:
"You are SUCH an IDIOT!"

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts