B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05' 1.8S

I can't pop the trunk with the fob, and I can't open it with the key either. I suspect the latch is stuck somehow. I was going to climb in there through the back seat but I can't figure out how the back seat comes down??

Somebody please help!

·
Informed Lurker
2,453 Posts
the only way i know to put down the rear seats is with the trunk open, and you pull on the plastic knobs on each side of the trunk with the rear doors open. unless they changed it in 04 to a button near the headrest.

you say it wont open with the fob or key? what about the cable on the floor/button on the dash?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what a valet key is.

It's just a regular key, a piece of metal shaped such that it moves the right things inside the cylinder to allow the lock to be open.

It worked fine until just recently.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
as i suggested on the other threads, since this happened to me a few times years ago. apparently nissan does NOT have a lockout procedure other than removing seats.

if you have a 60/40 split rear seat, you can use a broomstick thru the rear seat to hit the glow-in-the-dark safety trunk release. once you get this open, there is a dumb lever near the latch, inside the trunk, behind the bumper, not on the trunk lid, the stops the latch from opening. you may need to flip that lever. if the glow-in-the-dark needs to move either left or right, but if this doesnt release the trunk you have mechanical problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just went out to the car and played with it a little. I see what you mean about getting something between the two seats to hit the lever. It's going to be hard though, there is barely any wiggle room between those seats. I just can't believe the seat doesn't fold down? If I jiggle it, it sounds like it is just latched on there, but I can't find any release lever. When I'm get home I'm going to try the broomstick deal.

What a mess....

·
2002 Sentra GXE Owner
508 Posts

My 2002 GXE's trunk won't open with the key fob (makes noise, but won't pop); nor will the dash button work. However, the key works just fine.

It'd cost an arm & a leg to fix it.....so I'll just deal with it. The damn thing is ten years old this month and I am just happy it still runs!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my trunk so I tried the broom stick thing that you guys suggested. it worked great!!! thanks for the tip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts