B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys, Im looking to upgrade my stereo... I've been told Infiniti Kappas, JL XR, and Kodas???... I listen to mainly hardcore/metal, and rap on occasion... I want something loud and clear with some nice punch in it for double bass and break downs and such... if not one of those 3, wut speaker should I get??? thanks!!! any other info u need just ask... i was thinking 2 way component for front, and 3-ways in the back???

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Hello budget?
and right off the bat, I'd ditch the kappas, especially compared to the other two speakers you mentioned.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i just got the infinity kappas
and i love em

them and mbquarts... priced real nice on ebay. the others u mentioned are good too tho. u probably would be happy with any of the ones u mentioned... all good speakers

·
Registered
166 Posts
i listen to the same as what u said you do....

usually rock, or hardcore... and some rap ... whatever it is, sounds good on my kappas .... i got 2 kenwood 10's pushin the bass also ... but the sound out of the kappas is very clear and i love it. no complaints, no matter what type of music i got on

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Infinity components aren't really that great. They are good if you're on a budget. If you plan on amping them, I would look into Focals or MB's... they sound a lot better...

The only coax's I've been truly impressed with are the eclipse 3way 6.5's that I have in the rear, or the boston acoustics diwun67 has in his car.

If you want to hear a double kick really good, I'd get a 10" or two 10's in a sealed enclosure and lots of power heading to them. I would get 2 infinity perfect 10" VQ's with like a jbl 600.1 pushing to them. that would pound.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
yeah, well the subs are coming later, i have money for the HU and speakers right now, i appreciate it tho!
I have Infinity components, I liked them for a while, but honestly, their imaging isn't the best. The tweeters are really harsh (I like that actually) but their crossovers are crappy.. and their midbasses are more like upper mids.. they crap out at anything that might resemble a kickbass or a bass guitar in a dropped tuning (if you listen to tool, all of their songs pretty much)

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
kodas touch me in a way that no other speaker has ever been able to do....in my "special" spot

I went from kappas to polyglass (pretty comparable to the xrs IMO) to the kodas. Each step was 10x better (except for the polys to the kodas, that was like eleventy-billion times better). Whatever you do, get lots of power (100x2 or more) and lots of deadening (2 layers at least on the door panels).

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
And dont waste money right now on coaxials. Spend $800 (kodas+HU+AMP) for now, and worry about your sub/amp later.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
You have basically 3 different levels of components on your list, crap -> good -> better. the kodas hands down are the best of the 3, if you are looking to spend a healthy amount of money on your setup they are your choice.

if you want to save money, i'd consider selling my entire system including wiring :)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Why do I have this erie feeling that he is going to try to jew me into installing whatever he gets?
Dev's entire system would be a great setup omsi, price depending of course.

·
Registered
993 Posts
2001 SE #2 said:
kodas touch me in a way that no other speaker has ever been able to do....in my "special" spot
Hmmm..maybe I should get a pair then. I like being touched in my "special spot"..haha :D

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SpeC-V_Freak said:
Why do I have this erie feeling that he is going to try to jew me into installing whatever he gets?
Dev's entire system would be a great setup omsi, price depending of course.

mE??? i know how to install car audio... so dont worry about it ;)

·
Registered
966 Posts
SpeC-V_Freak said:
And dont waste money right now on coaxials. Spend $800 (kodas+HU+AMP) for now, and worry about your sub/amp later.
best advice given in this thread so far. I'll add to this and say do not mount your tweeters in your doors if it requires cutting. I made that mistake and then decided to build kickpanels. Now i have these beautiful 2 inch holes in each of my door panels :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts