B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I turned over the keys yesterday to have my recall done....
I also had some other complaints about noises, gas mileage and oil consumption. They called this morning and told me that the recall had been taken care of, the noises were some motor mounts that had become so loose that they almost came off, and they fixed them. They couldn't give me an answer as to why I am getting about 22 or less miles per gallon on the gas or why I am having to add approximatly 1 qt of oil per about 1800 miles or so, but he told me they reprogramed the computer "so that should help".
My questions to you are....
1. do you think that since my motormounts were loose, they will come loose often? there is only 30,000 miles on the car.
2. do you think that the recall fix will help the gas and oil problem?
3. is there anything else that they could do besides an oil compression test because he told me that they were going to do that today also.
Thanks people,
me

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Spec-vCutie said:

1. do you think that since my motormounts were loose, they will come loose often? there is only 30,000 miles on the car.
3. is there anything else that they could do besides an oil compression test because he told me that they were going to do that today also.
Thanks people,
me
1. Not sure, but you could always get aftermarket mounts. Bye-bye wheel hop.
2. Some people have gotten better mileage, some worse after the recall. Sorry! I doubt it will have much effect on your oil consumption...
3. don't know...

So really i don't know shit....

·
Registered
145 Posts
1. If torqued properly the motor mounts shouldn't give you any more trouble.

2. I doubt you'll notice any diff in your gas mileage and it certainly won't help your oil consumption problem. They're BS'ing on that.

3. They should do an oil consumption test. Part of the recall involved finding engines that may have been damaged by the pre-cat. Yours may be one of them. Your engine should not be burning oil! Stay after them and make them fix it. Call Nissan consumer affairs if you have to.

P.S. What year and model is your car?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
for the fuel consumption,tell them to replace the fuel pump maybe that would work, and to check your fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Spec-vCutie said:
Hey, I turned over the keys yesterday to have my recall done....
I also had some other complaints about noises, gas mileage and oil consumption. They called this morning and told me that the recall had been taken care of, the noises were some motor mounts that had become so loose that they almost came off, and they fixed them. They couldn't give me an answer as to why I am getting about 22 or less miles per gallon on the gas or why I am having to add approximatly 1 qt of oil per about 1800 miles or so, but he told me they reprogramed the computer "so that should help".
Thanks people,
me
Did you demand to be put on the oil consumption test, compression test, as well as call Nissan Consumer Affairs
if you are burning oil the recall work work owill not stop it......These are things I pointed out when you pm'ed me:cool:

Don't let them fast talk you, demand to have these tests done before they do the recall work

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
racer x that is kind of funny that you said to have them do it before the recall work...... they called me this morning to tell me that that is the first thing that they did was the recall work! then they would do an oil test...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts