B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get back from a little R&R and there's a notice in my mailbox that there's a recall on our cars... Lovely.

Fortunately, I guess despite the number of Sentras I see running about her now - more every day - I'm able to get in the next day for the service.

I gotta ask for another census from all those out there:
Have anyone noticed some surging (feels drivetrain-related) during normal acceleration and while under load (hill climbing) in the 5-speed???
The condition appears exacerbated with the use of the A/C, but not dependant on it.
At first I thought it might have been simply the A/C cycling during cooling and defrosting, but it's turning up while it's disengaged as well...
Today, on my way up a modest grade it felt like the tranny slipped so perceptably that it appeared as though it popped out of gear!!!

I plan to mention it when I'm in for the recall tomorrow, but I'd thought I see what the masses had to say as well...

Hope you all can help me out!

·
Registered
816 Posts
My car runs fine. The engine is nice and smooth and the clutch is a little soft but that's always been a problem with Sentras. When I have to replace the clutch, I'm going to change to the ACT Street set up. I heard it's much better with very little impact on daily drivability.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gotta ask ya, just in case:

Did you have your ventilation dial set to defog your front
window? That setting automatically runs your air.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Defosting...

That's OK UtahJ, I eluded to it in my post but wasn't specific...

I've got that covered - I've made sure that it wasn't on the setting...
I'm surprised something like this has surfaced, she's just shy of 1400 miles, but it appears to be becoming more prevalent - like the slip we experienced today - it was enough to make my back leave the seat.
I'm not ready to believe the tranny's failing on me yet... it's been babied through the break-in - no rough treatment...
But evidence is mounting to the contrary...
It's happening when the car is well under way... beyond 2nd, into 3rd...:confused:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would definitely have a technician take a test drive of your with you in it...so you can point out when it's happening. I can't imagine a tranny going bad after 1400 miles...but I guess anything's possible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Outpatient...

Well, the recall's all done with - got a half-dozen shiney new R-63 transverse link bolts residing under there...

:( - But Murphy's Law as it is, the car drove flawlessly this morning on it's way to the dealer and despite their (and my) deliberate efforts to reproduce the condition :rolleyes: it remained fluid throughout the day - figures...

Felt reserved as it was going in and bellyaching, "Hay Mee-stir, mie bran' noo kawr ain't werkin'..."

At least he kept a straight face when he told me that if I would like I could take out the service manager next week and see what we could turn up if I gave them a call to set up time.

If it wasn't happening as often as it had been, I'd just let it ride...
Thought I'd get it checked before something critical happened...

Buy me another round...

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I've felt it while in Cruise, at about 75mph. It comes and goes, and does'nt happen every time I engage cruise, but thats the only time I've noticed it.:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts