B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up, my name is sam and im the new guy. i sell cars at a nissan dealership in dallas and just purchased my 2004 cloud white spec v. i love this car. i used to drive a hyundai elantra.

my hyundai wasnt your typical hyundai though. i did several things to it over the course of the 3 years i had it. intake, exhaust, motor mounts, spec stage 3 four puck clutch, b&m shifter, polished throttle body, pretty extreme weight reduction(almost 300 lbd) and i was running a 100 shot nitrous works kit. i never got a good run out of it due to bottle pressure and/or track conditions... but high 13s seems about right.

anyhow the jump from the hyundai to a spec-v has really put the taste for performance back in my mouth. right now im thinking ill start conservative... intake, exhaust, header, energy suspension mount inserts, twm shifter, and then a nitrous express kit. im still undecided on whether or not i want to run a 75 shot or just a modest 50. from what ive read so far the 2.5 responds very very well to mods so im sure ill probably start out with the 50 shot.

if anyone has any kind of input or suggestions, im totally open to them.

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
welcome. Fully bolted with a 75 shot, you should run mid-low 13's. The only guy that I know of currently doing it is Pituala, and he is, I think, running an 80 shot and ran a 13.2 with traction issues. You can always consider a turbo if you are looking for power all the time. There are two kits that are proven and as reliable as you can get with a drastic mod, the PTI kit and the FIR kit. They are putting 250-265 hp to the wheels for the bolt on kit. Have fun on the boards and use the search button. It can save you alot of time.

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
welcome.

watch out for the flying "search n00b" attacks and the name calling rampant on this board. other than that, enjoy yourself and you're more than likely to find everything on this forum needed to get your car where you want it.

·
Tired...New Father
1,693 Posts
SLEEPER_V said:
welcome. Fully bolted with a 75 shot, you should run mid-low 13's. The only guy that I know of currently doing it is Pituala, and he is, I think, running an 80 shot and ran a 13.2 with traction issues. You can always consider a turbo if you are looking for power all the time. There are two kits that are proven and as reliable as you can get with a drastic mod, the PTI kit and the FIR kit. They are putting 250-265 hp to the wheels for the bolt on kit. Have fun on the boards and use the search button. It can save you alot of time.
Naw there are tons of Spec's running N20 right now (unless you were stricly speaking of running 13's). Still Pitula is a great resource as are many of the members here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turbo would be cool, but i prefer to have the option to turn off the extra hp. thats why i always used nitrous. plus the spec is quick enough to have fun driving without the nitrous, but knowing that its there if i need it is a good thing. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hell yeah... cloud white/ bucktooth. the only way to go.

ive kinda been going back and forth on the afc. not totally sure yet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your Spec and be sure not to hate on the QG's :D

Any pics of your Elantra? That would be interesting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i might be able to find one or two pictures. i have a few video clips. but nothing worth a s**t. ill browse around and see what i have on the old hard drive.

·
From here to there
762 Posts
Sup

shanno575 said:
hi newbie! :D
Ahh.....oh yeah, she ^^^ is the queen of this forum. Do N:mad: T mess with her and all will go just fine.... she's mine!:D (She cracks me up)
Welcome, and be ready to wear your flame retardant suit from time to time. Watch out for Chimmike he knows his shiit but he's a [email protected] nazi.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts