B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the F i finally get a nice car and people feel the need to swing their doors open as fast as they can and ding the ***** out of my car. I swear i have six paint scraping dings on my doors luckily they are on the passengers side so i dont have to see them everyday. Ok to my real question how much do you guys think it would cost to fix the *****ty dings?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about that dont have the camera working but they are mostly in the plastic molding strip an are like 1/2 inch cut scrapes if that helps at all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah a lot of people are idiots when it comes to opening their doors, they just swing away without even looking. I have learned the best thing to do is park at the end of a parking lot or away from other cars, the extra walking doesn't bother me, plus I don't have to worry about some idiot drilling my door.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats why you become one of them people that park on the far side of the parking lot and not near any other cars. My lazy girlfriend always gets so mad at me for doing that, but hey I have no dents and no large scratches! :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
if you are talking about the body molding, you can purchase a new one already painted for around $50.00 a piece. check your local nissan dealership. I had my rear passenger door's body molding replaced because it was scratched.

·
Registered
195 Posts
sorry to hear bout ur tragedies. A freakin Durango left a nasty mark on mine a few weeks ago and i still cant cope with the ugly mark. It was hit hard right on the passenger door on the driver side so I see it everytime I go near the car. I went to a few body shops and they gave me quotes between 350-500 w/ painting the primer and matching the body color. I cant afford that. Even if i want to use my insurance company i have to write a check for $250 n they cover the rest :mad: . They consider this as a collision rather than a hit and run. A hit and run is only $50 outta my pocket but being dicks they are, they wont consider this a hit and run. I went and argued with them for the definition of "collision", well guess who lost even if he was rite.

Sorry to vent, I saw this thread and it brought back them horrible memories (j/k). Anywayz to answer ur question, fixing those dents is gonna cost some major mulla. Depending on ur insurance company, they might help u out. The Dent King or those walmart kits work sometimes. I read some threads and got mix answers. It worked for some people and not for others so I guess its up to u to take the risk and spend the money.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
People are assholes. My girl's '03 Corolla has so many dings on it and deep scratches from people that are so inconsiderate of opening up there doors. I feel so bad for her too. I have 1 ding that is bothering me that I'm going to have taken out. I had 1 ding before, but I got that taken cared of. I can't stand door dings.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Park Far Away!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well its good to know that other people share the pain. i could see if i was driving a peice of sht but i consider my car to be a nicer looking car and would think people would stare and say wow nice car i dont want to smash the door with mine so i better be careful instead they say hey im an ahole im gonna see how much speed i can build up with this door and ram it into that there car that cost more than my life is worth then im gonna go home beat my wife drink some busch beer and watch me some nascar!!! i hate people but thanks for the replies. :mad:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have some really bad driverside dings and the one thing that I have learned.. Park next to nice cars. If you park next to a beater. Well... U get my point!

I personally am waiting to take the dings out.. I want to repaint the car anyway! So, Kill 2 birds with one stone!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Personally, I park far away almost always. Unfortunately. my girlfriend left her car at a friend's house one night and some partygoers raging on drugs punched it in the rear quarter panel about 4-5 times. She cant pin down exactly who was responsible and she was hoping to use that "dent-popper" that's shown on tv. Has anyone used it, does it work? :confused:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
the secret is to park closer to the left stripe of the parking indicators, beacause odds are, there is only one person driving that car and will have more room to get out.

·
creating HAVOK
262 Posts
fcuk i hate those dents. and then when the person is getting out of the car like they dont see you and say "o im sorry" im like"fcuk what if i did that to your car". i have so many of those i stoped caring i just dont park in small spaces anymore. and when i know the car next to me did i pull out my screwdriver and leave a piece of artwork they will never forget on their car.....bastards

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
495 Posts
yeah seriously, just park out in BFE... after my SE I decided to never park near ANYONE again...my g/f gets mad too but I told her to deal with it bc I cant stand dings...even when you wash your car to its most perfect shine you can always see the dings and no matter how small they are they stick out like craters

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just park far away. If I am going to a crowded place (mall or concert) I take my 4x4 Chevy. If it is really crowded I put two tires over the driver or passenger side curb. I prefer to park at the end of a parking row. You can snug up to one side or the other and give the inconsiderate folk more space.

My 2 cents.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts