B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to SDSR20DE858's post awhile back, I too fabricated a simple bracket to brace my PR CAI. I used a 3" long piece of pre-drilled galvanized bar stock to connect the MAF adapter plate to the Battery tie down. It has eliminated ALL the excess movement that I was having problems with. No more squeaky CAI!!

The bracket only cost me .60 cents, and I hand bent it to fit. It already had holes drilled in it, which made the job even easier! A hit it with a little Mothers Mag polish, and now it looks all nice and shiny. I doubt anyone would even realize that it was a home job.

I'd definetly recommend that everyone do this simple modifcation if you run a CAI. The CAI needs to have some form of support to help minimize movement. My lower tube already has major scratch marks from where it was rubbing up against the grommet at the fenderwell opening. I won't have that problem anymore!

I don't have a digital camera, but I will get around to posting some pics soon.

·
Registered
446 Posts
the only problem that I have encountered with the bracket that instead of the flexing at the bottom, it puts un needed stress on the throttle body instead which isn't very good at all. I actually had it first bolted to the battery and then the maf support bracket, it was very firm. Just putting out some caution out there....

-iLL

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
I haven't had a problem with my CAI yet, but looks like I'll hook it up here soon then. Thanks peoples for the heads up.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I even had a slight CAI rattle on idle till I took it off. When I put it back on, I'll be sure to do the bracket thing. Good call on the bracket, Maxx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts