B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That poka-dot stuff on the back window and above the rear-view mirror. Does that affect the tint at all, or should it be removed before I get my windows done?!? Basically I guess I wanna know if that stuff serves any real purpose.

------------------
2G Heatwave GXE ~ For now, one of many....one of a kind by the time I'm done with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I HAD MY TINT DONE AND THE GUY DIDN'T TINT OVER THE BLACK DOTS.... CREATES SMALL AIR POCKETS... I GOT REALLY DARK TINT(20%)AND THE INTERIOR IS STILL DARK... THE DOTS ARE SUPPOSED TO ACT LIKE TINT BY BLOCKING OUT SOME OF THE LIGHT. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN TAKE IT OFF...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
i've heard off people sanding it off but I personally never have seen the results of that so I am not suggesting it to anyone...

I had the guy that tinted my car tint right over the conect the dots and it doesn't look that bad at all......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I had them tint over my dot matrix crap too. Yup, tiny little air pockets all over the place!

If you plan on tinting over that crap, you're supposed have it sanded down so that the tint sticks to it. Sentra Styling, your tint person must be freakin badass if he tinted over it and it doesn't have air pockets! :D

Otherwise, you could do that thing where they don't tint over it... but I personally think it looks funky that way.

I've heard of other people putting body colored vinyl banners over that area too.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff...
Desperately seeking an SOHC VTEC... yes, I'm serious.

·
Registered
150 Posts
tinted around mine and looks f'ing sweet. No light creeps in at all up top. My probe was tinted over top of it and peeled in like 4 mos. or so.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I do have the air pockets but it's not that bad it came out pretty good.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
347 Posts
my tint looks like ***, i had it done yesterday and its already bubbled in the back. looks like sh*t up close, i gonna have to get them to redo that **** job on the rear window.

------------------
2001 GXE
from a i4.0 to a 1.8?
oh well

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sinner:
my tint looks like ***, i had it done yesterday and its already bubbled in the back. looks like sh*t up close, i gonna have to get them to redo that **** job on the rear window.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow man, that sucks. What kind of tint paper did they use?

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
The shop that did mine laid the tint over the dots, but doesn't seem they tried to form the tint around them. It looks like the tint only touches the dots, and not any glass.

I'd say it looks good the way they did it.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sinner:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is not uncommon for tint to bubble up during the first 5 days. give it til then and see if it's still bubbled up.

also, instead of tinting over the dot stuff, you can use black vinyl on the outside of the glass too. i thing borguesian did it and it looks internally done. (my dot stuff was not tinted over)

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
347 Posts
If I didnt say, I paid for the highest quality tint they had.. it has a lifetime warrenty. I got another bubble on my back glass. :-( friday I gonna try to get that fixed.

------------------
2001 GXE
from a i4.0 to a 1.8?
oh well

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2000SE:
it is not uncommon for tint to bubble up during the first 5 days. give it til then and see if it's still bubbled up.

also, instead of tinting over the dot stuff, you can use black vinyl on the outside of the glass too. i thing borguesian did it and it looks internally done. (my dot stuff was not tinted over)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What level tint do you have on your car?!? It looks really nice, but I couldn't see the back window from the pic you have up.

------------------
2G Heatwave GXE ~ For now, one of many....one of a kind by the time I'm done with it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
i tinted mine over it. the installer gave me a piece of flat plastic and told me to move the air bubles out to the end every day for two weeks. heck, i did it, and it looks flawless. no aie pockets what so ever.

i had air pockets for the first few days, and everything cleared out after a month later. BTW, he also mentioned to pinch a hole in any large air pckets that would not move with a fine needle head and press the air out.

it works!!!

[This message has been edited by greendot (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AuggieDoggie:
What level tint do you have on your car?!? It looks really nice, but I couldn't see the back window from the pic you have up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, it's umm...real dark tint. i think titanium. could be wrong though. i will have all new pics soon since a friend showed me a great deal on a digicam! i'll do a rear view for ya. oh wait, under installs, and muffler, there's a shot of the rear window.

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by greendot:
i tinted mine over it. the installer gave me a piece of flat plastic and told me to move the air bubles out to the end every day for two weeks. heck, i did it, and it looks flawless. no aie pockets what so ever.
B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crap. I wish my tint guy told me to do this. :mad:

------------------
Jae
'00 SE
Missing my Civic, but loving my Sentra.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When they put on my tint the guy used an S.O.S pad to scrub the dots and it came out bad ***, no air pockets or bubbles.

------------------
2000 NISSAN SENTRA GXE

·
Registered
180 Posts
So did he scrub the dots off or just clean the area with the S.O.S. pad?

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

1 - 17 of 17 Posts