B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone experienced an MPG of 19 for city driving?
My first thought was that it's wayyyyy off its specified 'estimated' city MPG of 26.

Anyone?

Thanks,

------------------
CG
2001 Sentra GXE
All Standard

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an SE, which should be getting worse mileage than the GXE, but I have been averaging 26-28 for mixed city/highway driving. Most of the time it is very spirited driving at that.

Are you still in the break-in period? The mpg will improve as the car is broken in, although yours still seems low. Is there anything else unusual with the car?

Eric

------------------
2001 SE, 5spd, PP

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'm right about the 22-25 MPG mark only cause i have a heavy foot at times

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

M

·
0 Posts
Hehehe...Reminds me of that Kids in the Hall Sketch with "Mr. Heavy Foot."

As far as mileage goes, that is on the low side. I haven't dipped below 24 MPG so far. You might try resetting your ECU.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (On The Way!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I hit 19 once, and 20 several times. Averaging 23 for the cars first 5500 miles.

BTW, I live only 2.5 miles from work, and spent 90% of my time at or below 45 mph.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
2.5 miles to work?? You should be biking or walking. Think of all that gas you'd save, not to mention wear and tear on car with short trips. Just kidding.

Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have one better on you... I have to go zero miles to work, since I work at home. All my driving is for pleasure. In fact, I am moving in with my fiance at the end of the month, which eliminates the longest drive I have now

Eric

------------------
2001 SE, 5spd, PP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's below 1700 miles.
So this is still acceptable?
'Cause I remember once getting about 31 in interstate driving, so how can it be such a big gap between the two (31 interstate and 19 city)??
By the way, what is ECU and how do I reset it?
Other than that, I don't see anything unusual with my car really.

Thanks again.

------------------
CG
2001 Sentra GXE
All Standard

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i get about 300 miles every full tank... but I do alot of freeway driving

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adc100:
2.5 miles to work?? You should be biking or walking. Think of all that gas you'd save, not to mention wear and tear on car with short trips. Just kidding.

Al

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, hopefully that'll all be changing soon. I've come to really hate retail.

See, I knew the short trip will hurt the car, so I even go out of my way to drive further to work.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
the best way to get the most miles is to limit city driving.... frequent stops kill gas

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I get about 18 mpg. Mostly city driving with a lead foot. I try to go easy, but its sooooooo hard.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

1 - 13 of 13 Posts