Registered
3,122 Posts
It didn't open for me.....
do you have another link?

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about 5 secs into the video, if you listen, you can hear the car stop pulling, then start again. It happens at 3500rpm on that run. Here's the dyno sheet. Its a 2000 SE PP auto.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R
<A HREF="http://www.mindspring.com/~novtec" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for the double post

[This message has been edited by NoVTECSER (edited March 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
thats strange.... i heard what your talking about.... no idea

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
605 Posts
I heard it also, beats me. Call nissan and get it warrantied.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Isn't that usually a sign of a air leak in the intake system?

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I heard it.

Isn't the secondary valve in the muffler spring loaded? I know it kicks on right around 3k - 3.5k RPMs. Could it be that valve springing open with enough force to bounce closed momentarily?

Surely, that'd bog down the engine.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

M

·
0 Posts
That is funky. There is a nearly 10ft./lb. torque loss and 5HP loss right as the car stops pulling at around 3,600~3,700RPM.

The muffler idea could be a possible cause, but why would the torque peak be immediately before the sharp drop? Did the shop owners have any idea's?

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The air leak idea is something to look at. I have also been talking with Mike Kojimo about this, and he thinks the ECU plug might not be secure. The shop owners weren't there when we dynoed it(its good to have friends who own dynos). I know how to run the machine, and have done it serveral times. They had seen something similar, but didn't know the cause.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
How could I test for the air leak in the intake system? Also, where is the ecu located on the b15...foot area by the dash? I have done it(got it to hesitate) about 3 more times on the road since then, so it is very consistent. It doesn't do it with OD on, I have tried...so I wonder whats up?later.

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Umm... it's not supposed to move. It's on a dyno.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff.
There's no place like home...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
to check for an intake leak, take a bottle of carb clear or fuel injection cleaner(same thing) and while your car is idling spray a little bit in the general engine area. Do this a couple of times in different spots. If the car races when you spray it you probably have an intake leak. It probably won't work though if you have a warm air intake, if you do just don't spray it on the filter, it will surely race then if you do!

------------------
2000 Sentra SE/ PP Black
Just got hit by some b**** but will be fixed in a week!

·
Registered
376 Posts
one qusetion...i have been gone for a while so i don't know is your car and auto.

Did you have the overdrive on or of?

Mine does the same thing. once I hit 60mph/ around 3500rpm the car drops around 200rpm and then picks up again.
Now try this out on the road with the overdrive switch on and off. If you start out with overdrive on it won't do it once you hit that speed and rpm.

------------------
2000 Heatwave SE,Auto,Performance Package
MODS Gas Cap Holder!,K&N Filter, PIAA Lights, Rear Sony 180W 6-1/2

My Web Site

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
yes my car is an auto. It sucks that it does that, but at least I'm not the only one it happens to. On the runs, OD was off the entire time. I too have noticed that it won't do that when OD is on. Weird huh? Oh, well,later.

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I wonder if this is a problem with ALL auto trannys. I'll try it later tonite and let you guys know if it happens to me too.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff...
Desperately seeking an SOHC VTEC... yes, I'm serious.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts