B15 Sentra Forum banner

What are the best performing springs for the dollar?

• Tein S

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Eibach Pro Kit

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Eibach Sportline

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Tanabe

Votes: 4 16.7%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The age old debate...TEIN vs. EIBACH.

Here is the bottom line. I race autocross and would like your opinion on which product would be best for my scenario. My goal is not to drop over $300 at this point which limits me to springs only, no inserts.

1) I autocross so I need something performance oriented with a non-extreme lowering effect.

2) I also daily drive my car and don't want to be seeing the chiropractor every week.

What product would fit the bill best: TEIN S Tech or Eibach Pro-kit? :confused:

·
300+whp
3,418 Posts
The tein spring aren't the greatest... but i'm not a big fan of the Eibachs either.... so if it were me I wouldn't get either lol sorry that prolly didn't help much

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Immoble said:
The tein spring aren't the greatest... but i'm not a big fan of the Eibachs either.... so if it were me I wouldn't get either lol sorry that prolly didn't help much
If neither are of good repor then what would you recommend? (for performance, not lowering).

·
Registered
359 Posts
your autocrossing on springs and stock dampers?

your not that smart are you? you'll want to hurry up and save money for replacement dampers once those blow out on you becuase your racing on lowering springs. save your money instead and just buy a complete damper/coilover kit like nismo or tein or the koni inserts...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
se-rNick said:
your autocrossing on springs and stock dampers?

your not that smart are you? you'll want to hurry up and save money for replacement dampers once those blow out on you becuase your racing on lowering springs. save your money instead and just buy a complete damper/coilover kit like nismo or tein or the koni inserts...
According to Nissan, the Spec V has seen a significant increase in spring rate
F=154 R=247 over that of lesser models. I thought I might be able to get away with something that would give me performance without going too extreme. I am currently bone stock, but was looking for a cheap alternative within the limits of the vehicle. I assume Nissan used performance inserts to achieve that sort of spring rate. Case in point: Tein S = F-151 and R-196 respectively. A step back from the stock Spec V set up. So I would want something which could achieve over 200 on the front and 300 on the rear.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I autocross too and I'm going to go with the nismo suspension. Its supposed to work wonders

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
I have the pro-kit and stock struts/shocks on my '02 spec v and I beat other spec's that have full coilovers...
The problem with coilovers is that you have to tune them otherwise they are no better than the stock suspension.

I say get coilovers if you can pay to have the car corner balanced afterwards, otherwise get eibach springs now and some Konis later.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
seething_blkout said:
Thanks...nice ride BTW! I have considered the HOLES myself but need to get rid of the Brembo brakes first. Sucks to be me.
you're getting rid of your brembos? are you selling them?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I like my Pro Kit but have never used Tein. Both are quality so I'd say you can't go wrong. Eibach makes a sway bar set so if you want to be consistant in your setup you might want the Eibach.

·
Registered
297 Posts
seething_blkout said:
Thanks...nice ride BTW! I have considered the HOLES myself but need to get rid of the Brembo brakes first. Sucks to be me.
thanks...my friend has a set of teins s-tech that hes sellin..he had an 04 backout 1.8 but he wrecked it...its nib...he paid 180 for them...got an offer?

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
For performance I would pick the Eibach Prokit if you're only getting springs. Anyone who has autox a b15 will back me up on this. Higher rates (180f/300r, 1.2"f/1.0"r) and a low drop to maintain some wheel travel. If you search back far enough there are dozens and dozens of satisfied prokit users on this board, more I think, than any other spring used with stock dampers. Also check out the newer Tanabe GF210 with rates of (207f/314r, 1.3"f/1.1"r) that might be closer to what you're looking for.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/springs/spring_applications.asp?id=3
http://www.southern-shift.com/phpBB/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1001
http://www.southern-shift.com/phpBB/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=25

http://www.hpautoworks.com/nissan8.html
http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-...cmbMakeModel=sentra&cmbBrand=tan&cmbYear=2002

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
progress sucks.
i'd save my money for full coilovers or springs and the konis dude, even if the spring rates are higher for the spec the struts are still gonna blow

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
I had NO idea you liked Teins shannon...:D

Chimmike has a good story about progress, he used them on spec dampers for a year and according to him they turned to mush (which is why he went with the JIC FLT-A1). With rates of 190f/240r they are stiffer in the front but softer in the rear compared to stock spec springs. The drop is the main contributor to accelerated damper wear, with 1.7"f/1.4"r that leaves very little wheel travel. Stock dampers are strongest toward the middle of the piston stroke range. Dropping too much finds the car at rest with the dampers closer to fully compressed i.e. outside of their "sweet spot". This is where koni yellows are superior in that there is even damping force throughout the entire piston stroke range, so they work well with lowering springs, as long as it's not over 1.5" and the rates stiff enough to compensate for the decrease in wheel travel.

I've always liked Tein products, especially after cortrim1 got his SS with 392 rear springs...the car drives very very nicely. Whenever the springs are nicely matched to the dampers in one manufactured unit, you usually have a winning product when combined with good customer service. The service part is where JIC unfortunately seems to be lacking from what I've been reading on this board. One could arguably state that the two Tein products, Basic and SS, are the most popular coilover system for the b15 sentra based on what board users have purchased.

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
Dangling Fury said:
I had NO idea you liked Teins shannon...:D
none at all?? might want to check out that thread in member rides :D :D :D
i <3 mah teins

1 - 20 of 46 Posts