B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched the Forums this is what I found out. But I still have questions.

1. Yes, the teins ss will fit in a 2000 gxe. Anyone got it on for a 2000 gxe and have pics?

2. the threads are saying i need to change the mounts to a se/ser/spec v. didnt get a real definite "yes or no" to that question from the threads that were up. anyone know the real deal?

3. just really need to know if anyone got it on a 2000 gxe. hit me up!

thanks guys. appreciate it.
glenn.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yup you'll need to change the upper mounts to SE-R SpecV specs. The rest should be bolt-on because it's the same chassis, but the again, I've NEVER seen a GXE with that kind of top notch suspension. I'm getting the Tein Basic coilover setup for my SpecV... Good choice!

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
you dont have to change the uppermounts, i have them on my 01 GXE, just buy the suspention and install it, but you can opt for rear uppermounts for better suspention travel (i dont have that) and i never bottom out

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OrangeVee said:
Yup you'll need to change the upper mounts to SE-R SpecV specs.
you know how much these run for? better yet ill call nissan tomorrow.
im guessing i need 4 for all gour corners right?

OrangeVee said:
The rest should be bolt-on because it's the same chassis, but the again, I've NEVER seen a GXE with that kind of top notch suspension.
top notch suspension. i think my gxe is worth putting this on.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/607533

i appreciate all your help man. thanks a lot.
glenn

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Just a GXE said:
you know how much these run for? better yet ill call nissan tomorrow.
im guessing i need 4 for all gour corners right?

top notch suspension. i think my gxe is worth putting this on.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/607533

i appreciate all your help man. thanks a lot.
glenn
I REPEAT YOU DO NOT NEED SPEC V UPPER MOUNTS!! I HAVE THIS EXACT SAME SUSPENTION ON MY 01 GXE!!!!!!!!! .........sorry for the caps locks ;)

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
PM'D ya back ;) as soon as i take some pics ill send them to you so you see what they look like on a gxe :D

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
sje0123 said:
What's this install like? Difficult?
supposidly its suppose to be pretty easy, but you need a spring compressor thingy to get the old suspention out, but re-use the stock upper-mounts since the SS dont come with pillowball uppermounts, and put em in, all in all i just got the place i ordered from to put them in ( since i bought em there install was cheap ;) )

·
I have more SPL than WHP
288 Posts
2000 Gxe

Actually, you do need to change the upper mounts if you have a 2000 GXE.

Raptor did not have to change his mounts because his is 2001. Sometime between the years, Nissan changed the design.

And yes, I do have a 2000 GXE with the Tein SS suspension, and yes I did have to change the upper mounts. The bright side of all of this, is the installation gets even easier since you won't need a spring compressor.

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Just getting a price quote from [email protected] (Alex from performancenissanparts.com) right now on the all-metal b13 upper mounts (we get a discount on OEM parts through them, will update this in a minute

·
I have more SPL than WHP
288 Posts
About 40.00

·
1st Pwner of B15sentra
3,625 Posts
That's it? Why not just save all the trouble and go buy new ones instead of taking the old assembly all apart? It would save lots of time right? Now that i know it is that cheap I am more interested in the basic. The time to buy it getting closer and closer :D

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
i guess only the 00 need uppermounts, i thought the QG never changed between 00-03 sorry :eek:

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Ok, here is the info I got from him (please correct me if I am wrong in what I was asking for):

B13 Front are as follows:
54322-50Y00 - $8.00
54320-50Y11 - $25.00
54329-50Y00 - $10.00

for a grand total of $86.00 (2 of each, b15sentra.net member price)

Does anyone who has done the b13 swap know if you need all three pieces? And do you get the front and the rear from the b13, or the rear from the b14/b15?

·
Registered
473 Posts
just put them on this summer....i love them...some pics are in my sig on the last page...i would highly recommend them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts