Tools needed:
-Ratchet set
-12mm die (deep socket)
-12mm die (regular socket)
-Scissors or X-acto knife
-Jack
-Jackstands

Hardware Needed:
-8 x 1.25 x 40mm Stainless Steel Bolts - MAKE SURE THEYRE FULLY THREADED (these are metric)
-8mm or bigger flat washer
-8mm Stainless Steel Nuts

Installation Procedure:

1. Clean out your trunk of all stuff, leave it bare down to the floor.

2. Peel back carpeting on sides of trunk. There's a small metal clip on the front side.

3. You can tuck it on the side:

4. With your ratchet using the 12mm deep socket die, unbolt the 4 bolts facing the rear of the car.

5. Okey?

6. Install the top bolt through the oval orifice on the strut tower. Make sure you fully tighten it with the ratchet and the 12mm die (regular shorty)

7. Bottom stud has to be accessed from undeneath the car, behind the rear strut. This picture was taken on the right rear tire.

8. Here is the bolt fully tightened.

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
9. Picture of all the studs ready to go.

10. Now put the carpet sides back in place and mark the location where the studs will go through, punch them with scissors or an x-acto knife.

11. Another closer shot.

12. Put your bar in place and bolt it down.

Nice!

It all fits perfect... :p

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice. Do you notice any difference with it installed?

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
how does it feel? go drive toneh!!!

·
Team NISMO Coordinator
1,247 Posts
how's that compared with the Greddy piece..?

CC

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome! Excellent write-up! Thanks!

Doing the studs makes the install much easier, those will be included with the part from now on.

Let us know how you like it once you drive it. My experience is that you don't really notice it most of the time, like the car doesn't feel stiffer or more harsh over bumps, but it makes the rear feel more soild and planted during throttle changes mid corner. The stiffer your suspension, the more you will notice it too.

The 4 point LTB on the other hand makes is presence known even in casual daily driving.

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
youre being too modest Tarmaq, i did feel a difference during city driving and interstate driving. i think i felt it the most when i was doing high speed lane changes (fast lane changes) the bar really shines right there.

the rear end feels more squared or planted, its hard to describe but i do feel a difference. its not a big difference in comparison to mmi's or RSB, but it is there.

Notes:
-The bolts I bought and used were m8 but they were class 8.8 so i had to use a 13mm socket instead of a 12mm to bolt them on.
-When taking off the stock bolts you dont need the deep socket like i state in the pictures. I just noticed that now.
-For lower bolts where access behind the wheel is required, you may need to take off the wheel. on the right side i couldnt get the bolt to go through without the help of a wrench so i had to take the wheel off. on the left side it went through all the way no problem. Just so you know.
-The Tarmaq bar didnt just bolt in place like in the pictures, i had to coax it in, no use of tools was required (a mallet or crowbar, nothing like that) but it did require me to get inside the trunk and push the walls of the car apart a little bit.

that's all i can think of for now. the piece is nice and im one happy customer. Tarmaq if u need more writeups just keep sending those bars my way :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, the studs make it a little harder to get on because they aren't parallel, but they help save so much time in trying to figure out where to cut the holes in the carpet and help prevent crossthreading that it's worth it. Also the factory bolts are pretty weak and should at least be replaced with grade 8 or better.

With stock '04+ Spec V wheels and without larger brakes you can reach the holes for the bottom studs through the wheel spokes. Otherwise you pretty much to need to take the wheels off. If you are patient and careful you can do the install without doing the stud trick, but everytime we installed or test fitted a bar without doing the stud trick we crossthreaded at least one of the bolts.

Thanks again for the write up. Too bad you have the Nismo LTB, we could use a detailed write up for our 4 point LTB. :D Oh well, the 3 point uppers and other products will be coming along soon enough.

·
Nismo This.
309 Posts
2nd on the sticky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
use studs to punch holes in carpet...then use stock bolts to mount bar...that is if you are wary about using diff. parts.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts