B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals....which bolts do i need to remove to get the caliper all the way off of the disc? I saw two bolts back there would anyone care to take a pic for me...I'm planning on redoing my calipers tomorrow but the entire caliper this time....any suggestions or tips are always welcome.

-iLL

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
already replying to my own post....does anyone know where i can acquire some spray paint to match the PRI CAI blue? I would like to keep the scheme all the way around.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
There are a couple of bolts to remove a picture would be really hard to get but once you get under there and start un-bolting you'll see it's really easy.....just have something to hang up the caliper with don't let it hang by the brake line you'll screw it up.....

As far as the paint all I can say is go to a place that sells automotive paint in your area and try to match it the best you can....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
make sure you get high temp paint, brakes get pretty hot! :)

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Rustoleum???

I'm thinking of painting. I don't mind spending the money if the Rustoleum isn't any good. There was a thread on the General Discussion where Sentra Styling gave this link. My question is : do I need a special paint. I know the calipers get hot but not that hot. I'm just asking. I don't really know.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: Rustoleum???

adc100 said:
I'm thinking of painting. I don't mind spending the money if the Rustoleum isn't any good. There was a thread on the General Discussion where Sentra Styling gave this link. My question is : do I need a special paint. I know the calipers get hot but not that hot. I'm just asking. I don't really know.
They do get hot,,,you will need a high heat paint......

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I also forgot to add that you can get a high heat clear coat for extra protection.....

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
OK..

Didn't think it was necessary--but I'm not about ready to reinvent the wheel. Thanks.

Al

·
Registered
747 Posts
In the general discussion there is a recent forum discussing the cheapest caliper paint at legend five and it seems to be awesome!!! It's only 29.00 shipped!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
VHT Caliper paint, $6 per can. Not a wide variety of colors though. Or use engine paint, lot of colors and it is heat resistant. Also, you can do a good job without removing the calipers, just need to take a little time masking some stuff off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts