B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after awhile I finally was able to remove all the previous tint with nail polish remover. It worked magic on the spray tint. =P Anyways, so I decided to re-do. It still came out pretty dark, but not as dark as the first attempt. Heres how it looks. Drop some opinions if yall like. Either way sooner or later imma go for some 04 tails. =)

oh! If ya wanna compare to the first attempt - heres the link to the thread.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91122

enjoy =P

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yours is even darker than mine, and I'm not totally happy with mine, mostly because it's on a Cloud White Spec.
Mine was about as dark as yours is now on my first try and I removed it with paint thinner before it fully set up. After waiting a couple days I tried once again and only hit it lightly and it still came up a little to dark for my taste as it looks like a deep red right now, but the red of the brake lights and the amber of the turn signals both come through very easily...for now I'm going to just leave it be, but I'm debating buying a new set of lights to either leave 'em stock or try one more time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
looks good, now tint the reverse lights to match

·
D-town's Finest
1,128 Posts
b12sentra said:
for now I'm going to just leave it be, but I'm debating buying a new set of lights to either leave 'em stock or try one more time.
If you decide to sell them, I might be interested lol... wondering how it would look on a blackout b15..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well - I'm not sure am I willing to sell them unless the price is good. For 1 thing, if I do I'll need a set of replacement - which is also a problem cause I need my car daily. Second I don't know the values on them. =P

·
Registered
145 Posts
where do you buy spray tint?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt really quite shop around. I kinda just followed this DIY I found.

http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/820106.phtml

I used the exact same paint and clear coat he got. Total came out to be around 12 bucks shipped. Once again I didnt really shop around so I dunno am I gettin rip or not. =P

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
That price is about right for the paint and clearcoat. You can get this paint at any Key Auto parts supplier which is also part of the DriverFX group.
Usually any Key Auto dealer can get whatever you want that they sell within a day.
I paid $7.99 for the night shades paint and $3.29 for the Krylon clearcoat.

I am looking for a set of tails now, but I go on vacation all next week and I won't be able to do any searching at that time, I'll most likely post these in the classifieds when I get the replacements. They look very good, uniform spray...no runs or heavy and light areas...would look incredible on a car with "blackout" paint!

·
D-town's Finest
1,128 Posts
b12sentra said:
They look very good, uniform spray...no runs or heavy and light areas...would look incredible on a car with "blackout" paint!

That's why I want em :p .. Tho I guess I could do it myself.. but I feeel lazy and it's my daily driver so.. yeah..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the job isn't hard nor it takes time. Only took like 2 hours or so since the tint and clearcoat dries fast.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Definitely remove those tails though so you can just dust it over the surface and examine each application for the depth you want...let it dry, then take it out and hold it up to your car "before" you apply another coat.

It has been up in the 90's lately so mine dried as fast as it hit, set up and could be handled within the hour.

Good luck no matter which way you go with them.
I won't be around for the whole next week....vacation!!!

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
so u used the paint from the DIY instructions rather than NightShades spray tint stuff... very cool i guess ill buy the stuff and get my painter friend to do the tails and reverse lights all in one shot... sweet black rear end here i cum :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
mine kinda looks like the ones u had b4 u lightened them up...i think it wont be possible for me to lighten them up becuase they have been on there for about 7 8 monthish but i love how mine looks at night...it looks SICK! it does get lighter over time though...gluck

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I let mine sat for a day before i removed it with nail polish remover. Asetone works magic on plastic. =P

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.