B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me how this sounds.
Use red bulbs in the turning signals.
Then re-wire them so the turning signals light up red when you brake.

Just an idea.

------------------
Now-2000 GXE
Later-2002 SE-R(hopefully)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ooh, I saw that done to a civic around here. It looks weird...it looks like you just fu*ked up your wiring lol...kinda funny too.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen it done too.
But the cars had yellow bulbs so it looked kinda stupid.
I'm talking about red bulbs so it won't look out of place.
I guess I'll have to try it to see how it's going to look

------------------
Now-2000 GXE

G

·
So, what would happen if you had the brake and turnsignal on at the same time?

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,I don't really know about the wiring

but I would want whichever light to blink

even though the brake is on while the other
stays on.

Example,on a 95-99 neon the brake lights are the same as the turning sig. lights.

So when the car has on it's right blinker and its braking,
the left light stays on while the right light blinks.

I know there was an easier way to say that but I can't think right now

------------------
Now-2000 GXE

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh,and the regular brake lights would still light up.The difference is the red turn signals would light up too.

------------------
Now-2000 GXE

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i plan to have the rear turn signal lights stay on red..... then signal...

i had my last sentra rigged like that...

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

[This message has been edited by SDsr20de858 (edited February 23, 2001).]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I used to have the "alternating effect" when I brake (since there were actually TWO brake lights) and singal (since I had sidemarkers) in the rear on my old '95 Civic. 858 knows what I'm talkin about.

858... is that a pic of your last ride??? That thing is sweet!!!

I tried the red running/signal light thing on the B15 already. I used one of those Polarg hi intensity red bulbs. Needless to say, I didn't like it. Made the *** look bigger at nite. Try it though. Maybe you'll like it.

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited February 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SR20DE 2K:
I used to have the "alternating effect" when I brake (since there were actually TWO brake lights) and singal (since I had sidemarkers) in the rear on my old '95 Civic. 858 knows what I'm talkin about.

858... is that a pic of your last ride??? That thing is sweet!!!

I tried the red running/signal light thing on the B15 already. I used one of those Polarg hi intensity red bulbs. Needless to say, I didn't like it. Made the *** look bigger at nite. Try it though. Maybe you'll like it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll do that the only prob. is I don't know how to do it.Like what wires control the brake light,or how to even hook it up right.

SR20DE 2k-Could you tell me what I have to do?
Thanks

------------------
Now-2000 GXE

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Ok. I'm not sure if I got what you're trying to do. Do you want to hook up the signal light to signal AND brake? If you're talking about hooking the signal up to brake and signal like the Neons, then that involves relays... which I'm not really familiar with.

All I could think of is that you could swap in a double pigtail into the signal light socket so that it will accept a double filament bulb. That way, your signal socket will have TWO circuits instead of ONE. Only problem here is that one of these circuits will be bright, the other will be dim (not bright enough to see during the day). The contrast will be exactly like that of your front cornerlights. One bright, one dim. If you want to do this let me know, but in my opinion it won't be worth the trouble.

As far as what color the wires are, I don't recall off the top of my head. I haven't bothered much rewiring the B15 tail lights cuz when I did, it looked ricey... so it's back to stock w/ red signals. I'm at work now and would have to look at my car afterwards.

Well, sorry for the long post. Hope it made some sense...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if it's going to be hard to make the turn signals blink and brake then nevermind.

Thanks for your help anyway.

------------------
Now-2000 GXE

·
Registered
88 Posts
That would look stupid having them red,just leave them orange or superwhite. If only you could get them to be off when you turn your lights on and come on only when you signal,like the factory installed ones that the Volkswagens have.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GraniteGXE2k:
That would look stupid having them red,just leave them orange or superwhite. If only you could get them to be off when you turn your lights on and come on only when you signal,like the factory installed ones that the Volkswagens have.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, that would be stupid.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
hahaha.... yup

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Umm... off unless you're signaling. Isn't that basically saying leave it stock?

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited February 27, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
welp i did it. i finally rigged my signal lights...... now both lights stay on and when i signal.. the signal light blinks.... thats how i had it on my last rider. I like it!

and to SR20DE 2K... thanks for the info on the wiring.... i took your advice and it worked. I didnt need to replace the socket with a dual filament one. Thanks again!

------------------

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
No prob 858. Always happy to help my Sentra peeps.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts