B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here with the sylvania silverstar bulbs; I was wondering, do you guys end up white walling in mid to heavy fog and mid to heavy rain?

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
I have the Silverstar 9007 bulbs , but PIAA fog ( H3's ) bulbs , and the PIAA's come in handy with the shady , fog that appears in the Cleveland area from time to time . :) Sylvania now has Silverstar fog bulbs ( H3 ) available for the B15 Sentra - 2000-2003 . :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought the silverstars after hearing all the rave reviews from people who had them. They are not as bright as people say. There were only slightly brighter then my stock bulbs. I was more impressed with them then my next set, PIAA super plasma. The silver stars are good because they are made by sylvania, which should last a while if you install it correctly. They are also cheaper than PIAA. I personally liked the look of most of the bluish tinted bulbs from korea. I think they made the whitest color for me and I was very impressed with their brightness. They don't last nearly as long (most of them anyways), but you can get a set real cheap on ebay or something. I know people will say that you should just get HID conversion, but the conversion kits are not that great. Actually HIDs from the factory come with special housings that distribute the light correctly to get you a nice cutline and even lighting. When you do the conversion, the light is reflected off of a housing designed for regular bulbs, so it will never look as good as HID from the factory. Save your money and get a car that is equiped with it, or do a Q45 headlight conversion with the projectors.

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
bumpermatic said:
Save your money and get a car that is equiped with it, or do a Q45 headlight conversion with the projectors.

:rolleyes:................

Don0017 - From one SE owner to the next ;) , I'd say go with the Silverstar 9007 ( Headlight bulbs ) and the H3 ( Fog bulbs ) . I've ssen them together on a friend's Spec-V , and they match perfectly . :)

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
What's with the rolled eyes?
http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html#photos
That's similar to what people with a real budget and know what they're doing, do.
Right on, Bumpermatic. Not all of us beleive the Catz HID, etc. is the cat's a_s_s.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Don0017 - From one SE owner to the next ;) , I'd say go with the Silverstar 9007 ( Headlight bulbs ) and the H3 ( Fog bulbs ) . I've seen them together on a friend's Spec-V , and they match perfectly . :)
I'm not really his friend, ;) but I like the fact they're a lot whiter light than the factory bulbs and you can get all 4 bulbs for the price of 2 PIAA's.

·
Spec V Out - Legacy In!
1,099 Posts
I just bought a 2 pack of the Silverstars and got a mini-Nascar with it too! What a deal!! I didn't see the H3 bulbs though...would like to know where you can purchase them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
SilverStars

exterraman said:
They make Silverstars for the foglights now??
Where can you get those, i haven't seen them anywhere?
I got the H3ST fog light bulbs directly from Sylvania. They just came out with them. It cost $48.58 for two including shipping and handling.

·
Registered
632 Posts
50 bux for the foglights???? I only paid 36 for the headlights and got that little nascar. Why would someone paymore for fogs, than heads??

But... how do they look/work??

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: SilverStars

SGarlesky said:
I got the H3ST fog light bulbs directly from Sylvania. They just came out with them. It cost $48.58 for two including shipping and handling.
My thoughts exactly! That's where I got mine-waiting on them to arrive any day now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hehe, sorry for replyin so late, anyhow, I have the Cool blue 9007 right now, I am plannin on gettin the Silverstar H3; just wanted to make sure I dont white wall like a mutha-*ucker; Especially here where I live in Daly City, we dont call it FOG city for nothing. Friend was driving in his Super Bright Headlights, guy was drivin 10-15 mph in a 45 zone.

So far only known store to have the H3 Silverstar Bulbs are in Chicago I think, and they were $19 a piece; still continuin my search here in Bay area for them.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
819 Posts
Not that I have anything againist the Silverstars, but I bought them around May or June and last week my right passenger side bulb burnt out, so I'm back to my stockers. To me they weren't worth the $50+ I spent on them to last, what? four months. I'm going with HID's come springtime.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i just put in the silverstar 9007's and h3's tonight, they do in fact match perfectly, i mean...perfectly, they are pretty bright, i dont know, im not into spending huge amounts of money on lighting so for what i spent they are perfect for me, check walmart too, they carry em, i got the 9007 for 38 + tax and the h3's for 37 + tax

·
Registered
141 Posts
BodeB15 said:
The :rolleyes: is the " save up for another car " comment . Totally unnecessary.....
Yeah yeah yeah, you got owned. Admit it and move on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts