B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on installing newly purchased sylvania silver star headlights, can anybody advise me on the install?

The ones that fit sentra are 9007 correct?

Is there any better bulb anybody would suggest?

·
Registered
632 Posts
To install:
1. Remove the wire plug from the back of the light
2. Unscrew the plastic ring
3. Take out old bulb
4. Put in new bulb
5. Screw plastic ring back on
6. Plug in the wire connector to the new bulb
7. Turn on lights and enjoy the brightness of near HID's
:)

and yes, the 9007's are correct

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
redline said:
I am planning on installing newly purchased sylvania silver star headlights, can anybody advise me on the install?

The ones that fit sentra are 9007 correct?

Is there any better bulb anybody would suggest?

Instead of telling you to search.............:D J/K Welcome to the board , and Sylvania , also makes H3 bulbs for our ( B15 Sentra 2000-2003 ) foglights . 55W is the stock wattage , so buying cheap eBay , blue-painted 9007 bulbs is a real bad idea . Good luck .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the help guys, now I'm going out to make a purchase :)

·
Expert NOOB
177 Posts
let us know how it turns out. I am waiting for one of my headlights to die so i don't get bit**ed at by the GF because i'm supposed to be paying bills instead of buying more toys. I was looking at lights about 6 months agao and want these. Are you planning to do the Foglits too because i'd like to know ho wthat turns out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hum... well I went to the store earlier today, picked up the bulbs and wanted to see if they fit so I installed them in the parking lot only to find out that they didn't fit. 9007 do not fit for 04's. Apparently, they do not make sylvania's that fit 04 Sentra's. Anybody else have this problem?

9007ST- do not fit 04' sentras.

·
Registered
134 Posts
boy i should start reading these things fully until i write in them. i dont know if sylvania makes them for the 04's or not. but all i know is that u were better off cause seriously...they sucked.
i put mine in my car and turned the lights on (outside). and i though...DAMNNN they dont look any different. so then i took one of the silver stars out and one of my stocks back in, pulled the girl into the garage, and turned the lights on. then if u look real closely u can see a slight difference in BRIGHTNESS...but not blueness though. Not worth the 50 bucks for them. trust me. if u want, give the COOL BLUE brand SYLVANIA a shot. cause they're just about the same price as the stock ones are and those are put out for being more of a blue color. I didnt bother really cause i figured if the silver star ones werent good then they probably wouldnt be either.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not looking for blueness, just brightness...

and they don't make them for 04's anyways. Anybody know of a bulb that is made for 04's?

·
Registered
431 Posts
i have the silverstars and they are awsome...just make sure they are infact 9007 because me and my friend spent an extra 30 min trying to figure out why they wouldnt fit in and we realized that they werent 9007s. otherwise its literally a 2 min install

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right, but what I'm trying to ask is if anybody's installed them in a 2004. There is a difference between a 2002 and 2004 connecter, and housing for the bulb.

·
Spec V Out - Legacy In!
1,099 Posts
redline said:
right, but what I'm trying to ask is if anybody's installed them in a 2004. There is a difference between a 2002 and 2004 connecter, and housing for the bulb.
Check your manual to see if the 2004's take 9007 bulbs. They may be different sized bulbs. I don't know too much about the 04 so that is all I can suggest.

·
SOPHROSYNE
2,756 Posts
Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoldenAspecV said:
BRO DONT GET THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got them and they are absolutely no different than the stock ones...except for the fact that they are about 30 bucks more
AMEN to that my friend , I don't understand why so many people are fascinated with those overpriced bulbs , they are really not much different then stock ,PIAA's are way to expensive as well but at least they deliver what they promised as far as light output

·
SOPHROSYNE
2,756 Posts
One more thing ,I'm almost 100% sure that 04's use 9008 type of a bulb so the 9007 wouldn't fit and I don't think there are any aftermarket 9008 bulbs

·
Spec V Out - Legacy In!
1,099 Posts
I didn't even know that they made 9008's....and I have never seen any aftermarket. If you want some nice bright bulbs that will fry your wiring harness get the Nokya Arctic Whites. I had them for about a week and they they were fried....hella bright though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you are changing to higher wattage bulbs, you can kiss your wiring harness goodbye, or/and the life of the bulb.

So if either product melt or fail, don't complain.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts