B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, newbie here. But just wondering if I should purchase the TEIN coilovers? Living in Canada I drive my Spec in the winter. If I was to just get springs I wouldn't be able to change the ride hight correct?
So would the best decision be to get the TEIN's??
Thanks a lot.

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
well considering you put this in COSMETIC and not performance just by springs cuz u dont need adjustability... if u want performance... G/C Koni is a good set up, its a sick drop even for looks same with tein SS and basic JIC FLT A2

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
definately go with the ss, you can adjust the height for when it snows + change the dampening a bit to have a bit softer ride in winter, then have it back down in the summer, also where in canada are you located i could send you a link of a company that i buy my parts from?

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
i say SS, but thats just cause i have them :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
If Tein is what you want, then the SS would be better than the Basics for you. HOWEVER, make sure that you keep any suspension you get CLEAN, those winters do not help the condition of A/M suspension.
You could search this forum for information on any and all suspensions available for the B15.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Tony I said:
If Tein is what you want, then the SS would be better than the Basics for you. HOWEVER, make sure that you keep any suspension you get CLEAN, those winters do not help the condition of A/M suspension.
You could search this forum for information on any and all suspensions available for the B15.
Actually do you have any suggestions as to keeping the suspension clean? products and/or process to do so.

·
Registered
501 Posts
A coat of lithium grease will make it easier to clean with a towel... but regular cleaning tith a towel and water should keep them perfect.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
hmm i didnt know you had to clean these puppy's ohh well when it comes time to put winter tires on ill give em a good cleanin

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Any coilover with adjustable spring perches will get dirt and particles in the perch threads in no time. After only a couple of weeks on Tony's Si, his ground control sleeves made wonderful sand like grinding noises when we were dropping the ride height, because there was already dirt particles built up in the threads. Think about it, the stock suspension is pretty unsexy in terms having non-adjustment ride height...but this simplicity means you can have a pretty durable housing which means dirt can't get into as many moving parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts