B15 Sentra Forum banner

301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's not we...it's they. We being fans and they being the players...

It sounds like the frigging Cardinals fans around here...

LOL

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
I must have missed Reggie Wayne breaking for the ball. Oh, that's right, he didn't. Even earlier in the game, Garcon dropped an easy pass to convert a third down. Manning can't play QB and WR.
Big deal.. Colston dropped 2 HUGE passes.. one of which would have not only converted, but, put us in scoring position. He recovered, though, and made huge plays later in the game. If the WR gets his hands on the ball, and drops it, then, that's his bad. Or, if he clearly didn't run the route like he was supposed to, it's his fault. However, it's up to the QB to eliminate a WR from eligibility, if he clearly isn't on his route. That being said, Porter jumped the route, BEFORE Wayne was to the point that he had to break, and Manning should have seen it coming. Porter was in perfect position to make a play on the ball, and Manning took the gamble. Honestly, the Saints baited Manning the entire game.. and waited until the right time to take advantage. Film study, and preparation allowed Porter to make that beautiful play. :)

Trav4011 said:
(After the Bears beat the Saints in the '07 playoffs:)

Honestly, I told my wife yesterday that I thought the Bears would win.. It's not that they're a better team, necessarily.. but, they definately played a better game today.
Comparing (my opinion of) the capabilities of the '07 Saints/Bears to the '09 Saints/Colts isn't a fair comparison. The Saints were so unstable that season, and you never knew what you were going to get. That was a rebuilding year for them. It's one of those seasons that frustrates you as a fan, because you KNOW that your team is so close, but, still lacks the depth/experience to make it happen.

This season, the Saints were clearly a much better team than the Colts (and the '07 Saints), and I think that people were duped into believing that the Colts were better than the Saints, because of all the media hype. The Colts did what they do, and had a pretty much average scoring game (like they always do).. they moved the ball well, put up 400+ yards, and played tough defense. They've played this way all season, for the most part, with the exception of a few higher scoring performances.

In the end, the Saints were able to stop them when it needed to be done, and were able to move the ball against their defense. It was not easy, though.. and you never saw any huge, explosive runs after the catch, because the defense was all over the ball. I give credit to the Saints' offense, for being able to play with precision, and get the ball into tight spots/protect it when it got there. I credit the Saints' defense, for outsmarting Manning, who is probably one of the most knowledgeable QB's on the field. The Saints did what they have done in big games, all season long.. They took the first quarter to see what the Colts were doing on both sides of the ball, adjusted, and then, dominated. It's nothing new for them.. Great coaching, and great players, who are able to adapt, and overcome.

Y2K SE said:
In the end, the better team won that game.
There, I fixed it for you.. ;)

Travis

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Trav you always go one step past what I can agree with you on.. LoL.

You go on and on about how it was a bad pass and decision by Manning.. and then praise Porter for an amazing play. For me, it can't be both.. Manning either threw a bad ball or Porter made an amazing play.

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
However, it's up to the QB to eliminate a WR from eligibility, if he clearly isn't on his route
Yes, because there are never timing plays where the QB must throw the ball before the WR looks or breaks for the ball. :rolleyes:

That being said, Porter jumped the route, BEFORE Wayne was to the point that he had to break, and Manning should have seen it coming.
If Wayne breaks off the route strongly like he's supposed to, Porter never gets the ball because Wayne is in the way. At best for the Saints, its an incomplete pass.

Comparing (my opinion of) the capabilities of the '07 Saints/Bears to the '09 Saints/Colts isn't a fair comparison.
I'm not contrasting the capabilities of the various teams; I'm demonstrating the hypocriticism of your continued insistence that everyone must agree that the Saints won because they were the best team and that if they don't agree with that statement, then they must be ignorant.

There, I fixed it for you.. ;)
Exactly my point. I'm done with this thread; you just don't get it.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
I get it, perfectly fine.. You've argued with me on this stuff since the beginning of the playoffs, and you have been wrong, just about every time. Say what you want, and justify it whatever way you choose, but, you have gone against the Saints, for whatever reason.. Then, tried to make me look stupid for calling you out on it.

Oh well.. bottom line, is that I was right, and you were wrong. In the end, just about every prediction or point that I made, played out exactly as it should have. The Saints are the champs, and, that's that. :)

Travis

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Trav you always go one step past what I can agree with you on.. LoL.

You go on and on about how it was a bad pass and decision by Manning.. and then praise Porter for an amazing play. For me, it can't be both.. Manning either threw a bad ball or Porter made an amazing play.
Meh.. you know me.. I've got to try to kill my flies with a sledge hammer. :)

It's both.. Manning made a bad decision, by throwing across the field, and using a play that they ALWAYS use on 3rd and short. It was too predictable. Porter did an exceptional job at reading that, and jumping the route, BEFORE Wayne could break on the ball. Poor decision by Manning, and excellent decision by Porter.

Travis

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
It was awesome! Brees, and a few of the other players went to a little restaurant/bar, afterwards, and hung out with fans. I have NEVER seen traffic like I saw yesterday, in New Orleans. An estimated 800,000 people showed up for this parade!

Travis

·
OT Slut
1,308 Posts
After the game, My buddy and I were talking about how we were going to drive to NO to join in the party and we figured that even after an 8 hour drive the party would still be going on.

5 minutes later I realized that was the Heineken talking.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
I get it, perfectly fine.. [...] The Saints are the champs, and, that's that. :)
You've been so busy arguing your opinions that you've twice failed to recognize that I praised them for beating teams I, and many others, didn't think they should have beat.

So, no, you don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
I think if Wayne breaks like he's supposed to, it's still an INT. But..........Wayne would have at least had the opportunity to tackle Porter and not make it a TAINT (td after interception).
I think that the Saints would've needed ~20 yards for FG range, right? So, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.

·
Army Of Me.
203 Posts
I think that the Saints would've needed ~20 yards for FG range, right? So, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.
Well, it was a 74 yard INT return, so that means Porter caught it around their own 26.... Even if he gets another couple of yards, the Saints still have to get another 35+ to get into FG range. Then again, the way Hartley was kicking, like you said, it probably wouldn't have mattered. All woulda coulda at this point..

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
Well, it was a 74 yard INT return, so that means Porter caught it around their own 26....
Oh, yes, that's right.

Even if he gets another couple of yards, the Saints still have to get another 35+ to get into FG range.
I don't think the Colts second-half defense could prevent it.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
You've been so busy arguing your opinions that you've twice failed to recognize that I praised them for beating teams I, and many others, didn't think they should have beat.

So, no, you don't get it.
Please stop arguing with yourself.. :D

·
Forward and up
435 Posts
Fundamentally, the CFL game is far more entertaining then that of the NFL. But that's a whole other topic.
HAHAHAHAHA. lmao! wow.. what a tool..

am i really the only person who caught this statement??

facking canadians..

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Can't get enough Highlights of the Saints at NFL.com.

Of course everyone NOW praises the Saints and how well they executed Payton's plan. Oh well, everyone is a "prophet" after the prophecy has come true.

301 - 319 of 319 Posts