B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just got a SAFC for his Celica GTS.. i was looking around the manual and saw that it's compatible with the SR20DE engines.. just that it is used with Primera's, Pulsar, Sylvia, and Sunny's but how bout if we can find the wiring diagram for our ECU and use the AFC to tune our air flow... it'll at least give a good 5 hp gain.. what u guys think

·
Registered
747 Posts
What is an SAFC?

·
Registered
268 Posts
if he is talking about the Apexi one, that's the computer used to control the fuel flow...

but as i know, they are universal that most cars...and they won't add any hp if the AFC computer alone..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops... forgot to add if u had a cold air intake headers and exhaust... it would give some hp.... do u think it's worth the shot to mess around with...

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Granted, the DSMs are wayyyy different(My first love:)) a.k.a. turbo baby, they were a GREAT mod. On a NA, I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Sport Compact or XXXXXXX threw one on a Honda(A SAFC w/VTech controler) and they made some noticable performance gains.

Good topic, I was wondering about this, I really think the $300 could be spent elswhere though, NOS:)

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Just wanted to bump this back up to the top:)

Anyone with experience with one of these on a Sentra?

·
Registered
0 Posts
it will give you noticeable gains

I'm the brother he's talking about. I have noticed low and high end improvement. Not much, but those extra ponies do help. Especially since the SR20DE have aftermarket headers. The S-AFC smoothens out the powerband so you don't feel lag at either low or high throttle. If you've read the new Turbo magazine, there's an article there with an IS300 being tuned with an S-AFC. They managed to get 15hp out of that. Now, it's different with other cars. So you might get minimal gains or even get a huge gain. I'd like to see how the Sentra's do with a S-AFC tuned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts