B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2001, my sunroof goes back only 3/4 of the way and then stops. I have to hit the switch again to make it go back all the way. My dealer says that all the 2001 Sentras do that so it must be designed that way. Is this true or is he lying/incompetent?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Dan said:
In my 2001, my sunroof goes back only 3/4 of the way and then stops. I have to hit the switch again to make it go back all the way. My dealer says that all the 2001 Sentras do that so it must be designed that way. Is this true or is he lying/incompetent?
This is true, he's not lying. I think the reason is a safety feature just in case someone's hands or something is there to block the way, and you'll notice. I have no idea though, and I can see how that gets annoying. My only problem with the sunroof is the whistling I get when it's closed. I still need to take it back for the dealership to take a look at..again. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have also noticed this with my sunroof. I have noticed that the noise from the sunroof being open all the way and from the first stoping point is very signifant. i think the sunroof only opens 3/4 to cut on the wind noise...

·
Registered
145 Posts
You may have also noticed, that if you do not take it all the way to rear(before closing), it will not close properly. By taking it to the full open position, you actually reset the system. The sun roof actually has several different open positions .Adios Amigos

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm guessing it's a wind noise thing too. On the VWs, there's a mark on the dial that's the optimum setting for the least wind. Not surprisingly, it's at the 3/4 mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts