B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever had trouble with water getting in through the sunroof? i took mine to the dealer about a month ago because my apolstry (sp?) was we, and they said that my sunroof needed adjusted. well, i went to run my car through the car wash the other day, and i noticed that water was getting in again. i checked to make sure it was all the way shut at least twice before i drove in. i thought it was weird, because it hadn't been leaking until now. i don't know if they screwed it up or if something is broke. i take it back to the dealer next tuesday.

------------------
2k Sentra SE w/PP
Radium
(no mods yet)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My moonroof has never leaked what so ever and I've owned my car for 7 monthes, and I wash it at the carwash every other week. I would be at Nissan complaining, especially since it's under warranty and stock roofs don't usually leak.

Good luck! and let us know what happens

------------------
2000 Sentra SE PP Black 5 spd
Just got hit and have to get a new fender!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another thing...the dealership in terre haute is now telling me that there is only a 12 month/12k warrenty on the sunroof???? does anyone know anything about this? they never mentioned it when i bought it, and i sure didn't sign anything (unless it was included in the fine print wrote in 2.5 size font) i think i might be trying a different dealership.

------------------
2k Sentra SE w/PP
Radium
(no mods yet)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fishman, go complain, I mean really complain, the Warranty should cover Bumper to Bumper for defects (includes your sunroof), although it does not cover wear and tear, you should be able to get it fix, tell them this is a DEFECT, not something you did!
Also, have you considered going to another dealer to get this fixed? Some dealers are just A**holes...
When I get my Nissan, I wouldn't want it to be leaky! Let me know what you find out...

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon! 2 more months

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fishman719:
another thing...the dealership in terre haute is now telling me that there is only a 12 month/12k warrenty on the sunroof???? does anyone know anything about this? they never mentioned it when i bought it, and i sure didn't sign anything (unless it was included in the fine print wrote in 2.5 size font) i think i might be trying a different dealership.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a really annoying wind noise coming from my sunroof, and I took it back to the dealership, and they took cared of it. That was awile ago. Not sure on the 12 month/12K thing, but I would definitely point out the misinstallment of your sunroof. I mean, really point it out. Don't leave with the feeling that you got screwed. Go there and tell them that there's a serious problem.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
89 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Original Mr Sentra:
I had a really annoying wind noise coming from my sunroof, and I took it back to the dealership, and they took cared of it. That was awile ago. Not sure on the 12 month/12K thing, but I would definitely point out the misinstallment of your sunroof. I mean, really point it out. Don't leave with the feeling that you got screwed. Go there and tell them that there's a serious problem.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wondering if they ever told you what was up with the wind noise from the sunroof? I have a lot of wind noise from my sunroof when closed and the inside cover is open. I thought it was just cause it was cheap or something. Think its worth going in to get checked out. I have over 14k miles unfortunately though but I have noticed this from the beginning...

------------------
- JC -

2000 Sentra SE 5-spd, Sunroof, in Radium

·
Registered
48 Posts
Haven't had my car too long but so far so good. I have not had a problem with anything on the car including the sun roof ( KNOCK ON WOOD) :) If your dealership continues to give you a hard time and you feel you are getting the sharp end of it, then you could always contact Nissan head office or something and send a little heat their way. Just my thoughts on the subject, hope things work out for you on this.
http://members.tripod.com/bopque/sentra/

------------------
2001 SE, Radium, W/PP. 17% all around tint, Dark charcoal leather interior.

[This message has been edited by saint67 (edited April 08, 2001).]

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
They did not tell me exactly what the problem was, but all I can say is that they fixed it. I do hear windnoise at highway speeds, but I can assume that I would need a windguard thing to keep the noise down. The noise is not loud with the cover over it.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey!!! I don't have to close my cloth sunroof cover to hear peolpe talking to me now!!!

I got my car fixed Tuesday, and everything is great. The guy said "...it was clogged" I am not sure what exactly was clogged, or what clogged it up. I didn't get to talk to him, because my girlfriend picked up my car for me (aaahhh...ain't that sweet...lol). Anyway, it was a minor deal, it didn't cost me a dime, and now it doesn't drive me nuts to have to cloth cover back. :)

------------------
2k Sentra SE w/PP
Radium
(no mods yet)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts