B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. what purpose does the vent in the sliding shade serve? maybe its so you can tilt the roof up but close the shade and still get airflow?

2. why does the sunroof stop about 2" from being totally open - then require you to press the open button again to get it to open all the way? why isn't there an auto open function?!?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
1. you got that right, lets air vent with the shade closed, that's what I think

2. the moonroof goes back and stops and you will notice when you are going fast on the freeway that noise is reduced when it is in this position, rather than having it all the way back.

and the auto open function, I really wish they had, had it on my old car, but that was an aftermarket roof.

·
Jersey Sentra
243 Posts
THe little vents are there so that when you close the sunshield with the sunroof closed, air can flow out easily. Otherwise you would create a pocket of air that would build up and you might not get the sunshield to close all the way. I don't actually think you can close the sunshield with the roof in the open position.

--*Rob

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
You're right - you can't close the shade with the sunroof open. If the shade is closed and you open the sunroof, the shade opens as well. You can tilt the sunroof up and leave the shade closed, however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts