B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on sunroof deflectors - the acrylic shield installed on the roof in front of the Sunroof.

Anyone here installed one - how much wind noise is cut out?

I'm worried it will stop too much wind and defeat the reason for opening the roof!

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I have one on. Belive me, it's worth it. It cuts out an unbelievable amount of wind noise. It doesn't defeat the purpose of having the sunroof either. I open the sunroof to cool myself off... not to blow the hair off my head.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Nah.. it helps.. alot.. another thing it helps with are leaves and crap that gets pushed from the winshield.. you'd be surprised how it helps keep leaves from inside the car, plus it looks alot better with it on. But thats just my personal opinion.

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
I'm the exact opposite - I think the deflector ruins the look of the car. It interferes with the lines of the roof.

I really don't mind the wind that comes in the car, it feels good to me to cruise down the highway @ 70mph with the windows down and the sunroof open. Maybe I should drive an IndyCar for a living?

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
59 Posts
IMOP...it would look stupid with the deflector on and the sunroof popped up. Then again, if you don't pop up your sunroof, I guess you won't have to worry about it :)

------------------
2k Sentra SE w/PP
Radium
(no mods yet)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I have one on my car and personally I love it. I don't ever pop the sunroof open because I hate the wind noise from just having a little slot open. I always have mine fully open and trust me the deflecter does wonders. As for looks,sure it may look weird, but for me its function over fashion,at least as far as the deflector is concerned.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on and CAI is comming soon.

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Exactly.. functionality is more important than fashion..it also (As silly as it may seem) adds value to car.. just like the 4 mudflaps (I have non-PP SE) does... it's a minimal increase..but considering my 2000 SE dropped 4k in value in less than a year... I'll take anything I can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts