B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with US Acoustics amps? I know they are not a top-notch manufacturer, but they are cheap and come with a 3-year warrenty. I am obviously not going for a competition system here...I just want to upgrade my tunes (and do it as economically as I can).

Are JBL GT series subs pretty good? I am more worried about how they hold up then I am about having superior sound. I saw them in Crutchfield on sale, and I thought their numbers seemed pretty decent. I was also debating on the MTX Thunder4000s...what do you recommend?

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Am I offending everyone with my name brands or what??? Can you at least give me some recommended name brands for amps and subs that won't totally drain my bank account? I don't want to be a disgrace to those who have the nice multi-thousand dollar setups, I just can't afford it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
definitely go with the fosgate deals always offered...2 fors and so on...jbl gt's suck...so do low end MTX...1 JL 10WO would slam in a ported box built right with only 100 watts going to it...hope this helped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DCopp said:
definitely go with the fosgate deals always offered...2 fors and so on...jbl gt's suck...so do low end MTX...1 JL 10WO would slam in a ported box built right with only 100 watts going to it...hope this helped.
Thanks for the input!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
i got a RF 250a2 now that DCopp brings it up. Its puttin out a little over 300 watts at 2ohms to my sub and is in a pretty tight space with no heat problems at all. It cost me approx $150 online. My next amp is gonna be a RF 400a4 cuz this one is working out so well and the price was perfect.

Just my experience with RF. I know nothign about US Acoustics (i know USAmps are awesome though :) )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
i disagree with whoever said jbls suck i currently have two jbl 10s in my trunk pushed by five hundred watts and it thumps alot of people think i have 3-12s also i won 3rd place in a competition over 12s and 15s all in the same class so for the price its worth it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
luv2play18 said:
i disagree with whoever said jbls suck i currently have two jbl 10s in my trunk pushed by five hundred watts and it thumps alot of people think i have 3-12s also i won 3rd place in a competition over 12s and 15s all in the same class so for the price its worth it
Thanks for the reply...I'm looking for all the opinions I can get. Do you have any idea what model of JBLs you have? The only two I have seen (in Crutchfield) are the Grand Touring series and Lound & Clear's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
the series i have are the loud and clear im not sure if u have circuit city where u are but i caught a special sale on mine they were 2 for 89 if u can catch it again they are rated at 400watts with the size of our trunks youll get just the right amount of push
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
luv2play18 said:
the series i have are the loud and clear im not sure if u have circuit city where u are but i caught a special sale on mine they were 2 for 89 if u can catch it again they are rated at 400watts with the size of our trunks youll get just the right amount of push
Thanks for all the info!!! I'm definitely going to be checking out Circuit City...They also had the same sale with Crutchfield...not sure if it is still going on or not.

Thanks again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I believe JBL makes some competition stuff too that is harder to find, I know they used to at least. My uncle used to run the old JBL 1000's subs and runnign them with PPI amps won a bunch of competitions.

Theres good brands all over the place.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top